NXB

New owner

Hi guys. 

New owner of a 62 plate GT86. Had it for a week and loving the car but the noise at 70 mph will take some getting used to. The other joys of this car far outweigh this minor inconvience though. 

Edited by NXB

Thanks for the reply guys... I am a little worried that there is something wrong in the gearbox or differential... but I will invest in some ear plugs for now...

38 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Welcome aboard. Any plans for the car? :)

Hi Lauren,

No plans for it as yet. I would like a bit more acceleration but will give it a couple of months before splashing out.

1 hour ago, NXB said:

Thanks for the reply guys... I am a little worried that there is something wrong in the gearbox or differential... but I will invest in some ear plugs for now...

Check if there's a gearbox void bush installed. If there is, that'll explain the noise. 

25 minutes ago, Lowe said:

Check if there's a gearbox void bush installed. If there is, that'll explain the noise. 

Nice one.

I'll check it out.

13 minutes ago, Lowe said:

I had one and it lasted a total of two weeks. Couldn't put up with the whine on the motorway.

I am worried it will get on my nerves... but I think the general feeling of driving it far outweighs the noise issue.

Will have to see how I get on with it.