Luke

Can anyone tell me what wheels these are?

They look like porsche 911 gt3 wheels. Maybe the owner is on the forum? 

Pictures were found on tuning developments google maps account if that helps.

Screenshot_20180816-153310_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20180816-153325_Maps.jpg

On 8/16/2018 at 3:54 PM, Nimz said:

Hard to tell from that pic but going by the gold ringed centre caps, I think they’re Rays 57 Getters. Maybe @Lucas@PartBox can confirm?

Correct. 57GETTER. No longer available.

Lucas

Thank you for letting me know so fast. You guys must have some sort of wheel bible. I can't keep up with all the manufacturers out there now. 

20 minutes ago, Luke said:

Thank you for letting me know so fast. You guys must have some sort of wheel bible. I can't keep up with all the manufacturers out there now. 

The result of months of wheel searching 😂

13 minutes ago, Luke said:

If you really like them, we can get you 57Transcends. They stopped making 57GETTER, changed up a design a little bit and re-launched them under 57Transcend name. 

57transcend_098.jpg

57transcend_095.jpg

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Cheers Lucas, I've not looked through the Rays catalogue yet so I'll give it a peruse. Nimz what wheels did you go for?

Can’t go wrong with Rays 🙂 I went for a set of Work Emotion CR’s and now I have some Desmond Regamasters, the latter being a bit of a unicorn wheel, discontinued a long time ago.

Yeah the Honda guys went for the Spoon SW388 which were pretty much Regamasters. The Works look amazing, especially in wider widths but the Regamasters are so much lighter so it’s a form vs function decision. These are the Regas:

KHIsjLG.jpg

And these were the Works:

B94WSSA.jpg

That's a tough call they both look great it different ways, do you notice the weight difference when driving? What sizes are those? What coil overs are you on?

Works: 18x9.5 et38

Regamasters: 17x8 et35

On the Works I was running 235/40/18 Yokohama v105s, with the extra width and better tyre there was a bit too much grip for stock power. You could tell that they were heavier, very slightly slower to pick up but not major, the Works are fairly light considering the size but with the larger tyre too they were heavier than stock overall.

The Regamasters I’m just running the stock Primacy tyres as I liked the playfulness of the stock car. For any track work though you’d probably want to go for a better tyre. You can feel how light the wheels are over stock for sure, quicker to pick up. Overall if you’re just driving on the road the differences aren’t major, I wouldn’t go for very heavy wheels though.

I’m running BC coilovers, not sure how low they are set, probably 50-60mm lower than stock.

Yeah that's very wide and no fun for a stock 86. 17x 8 et 35 on something better than primacies would be the best unless you go forced induction.