lewism1

Best wheel option?

Imho it's worth to get some mudflaps too for some protection, if one spaces out wheels/tires and goes for stickier tires, as then they will throw more dirt/rock on sides.

Definitely planning 17x8 wheels but going to stick to standard offset or as close to as possible. That will give me 1/2” more poke than standard which with a slight drop will give it the OEM+ look I want to achieve. Aiming for a stance similar to the below...

382B6A67-ACC0-4345-928B-C08F56FDDE6F.jpeg

This looks like lowering. Suggest to not overdo with it, whichever option you do it with, keeping lowering within 1", so to not fsck up suspension geometry & not not need many extra parts to fix it, and to not compromise too much daily driving comfort & compliance.

1 hour ago, SnappyChariot said:

Definitely planning 17x8 wheels but going to stick to standard offset or as close to as possible. That will give me 1/2” more poke than standard which with a slight drop will give it the OEM+ look I want to achieve. Aiming for a stance similar to the below...

Standard offset won't achieve that look, the wheels in that shot are closer to the arch than the half an inch that 8J wheels will give you.

2 hours ago, SnappyChariot said:

That's more than a slight drop. I'm lowered about 40mm and not that low! 

2 hours ago, Deacon said:

That's more than a slight drop. I'm lowered about 40mm and not that low! 

You’re more than probably right, I’m just dropping 20/25mm on H&R springs. Point is the OZ motorsport wheels are ET50 istr. 

I guess I’m trying to convince myself that, alongside a minor lowering, sticking to a std offset albeit with a wider wheel is less of a compromise and the extra rim width will provide a subtle aesthetic improvement.

1 minute ago, SnappyChariot said:

You’re more than probably right, I’m just dropping 20/25mm on H&R springs. Point is the OZ motorsport wheels are ET50 istr. 

I guess I’m trying to convince myself that, alongside a minor lowering, sticking to a std offset albeit with a wider wheel is less of a compromise and the extra rim width will provide a subtle aesthetic improvement.

As an idea this is a comparison of an et40 17x7 (top) and an et35 18x8 (bottom) wheel. The 17x8 et50 would sit around the same in the arch as the 17x7 et40. XSP_4914_Hagrid_Film.jpg.bd68b9af9e36a811b5979ec5eaac42ba.jpg

XSP_0109_Hagrid_Film1.jpg.18f5d265c829dae40a6c6b615c179826.jpg

It doesn't say the width of the wheel. 8" is ideal really or 8.5". I expect they will be 7.5" which is okay. You will notice the arch gap after fitting them yes. No way around that really. 

31 minutes ago, Lauren said:

It doesn't say the width of the wheel. 8" is ideal really or 8.5". I expect they will be 7.5" which is okay. You will notice the arch gap after fitting them yes. No way around that really. 

They're 8". Maybe I should lower then. I live in the fens so roads are pretty bumpy so I'd need something where the ride isn't affected too much 

You will want to lower it the moment you fit them. Obviously there are tons of options in that respect from lowering springs or coilovers. Some go for springs, I would say coilovers are better. The TEIN Flex A on 6/6kg gives a good enough ride. You can try your luck with lowering springs as it's obviously far cheaper. You will lose damper stroke though of course which is already fairly limited on the rear. 

Have you considered Rota's? They are light, have some great designs and are cheap. People will moan and say they are copies etc. They are actually very good wheels. Take a look at Rota Grid's, GTR's and Torque's