GT1986

Rev limit after gear change

Hi All, recently just joined and have had my GT86 about 8 months now, love the car.

I have a query hopefully some of you maybe able to help with or to just tell me its me Lol.

I have the ECUTEK remap, on a couple of occasions when giving it some welly  in 2nd  and I change to 3rd when I lift the clutch and the car engages 3rd it cuts out briefly for a second or 2 like I have hit the rev limiter. I'm due to have some more work done on the car and another remap so will ask the guys when there. Just wondering if maybe 2nd has a higher rev limit than 3rd or something like that and this causes it? Not had it happen in any other gear, and I don't actually hit the limiter in 2nd the car only cuts out after the gear change and it registers 3rd. Anyone else had this or is it something I'm doing inadvertently?

Many thanks.

Hi All, recently just joined and have had my GT86 about 8 months now, love the car.
I have a query hopefully some of you maybe able to help with or to just tell me its me Lol.
I have the ECUTEK remap, on a couple of occasions when giving it some welly  in 2nd  and I change to 3rd when I lift the clutch and the car engages 3rd it cuts out briefly for a second or 2 like I have hit the rev limiter. I'm due to have some more work done on the car and another remap so will ask the guys when there. Just wondering if maybe 2nd has a higher rev limit than 3rd or something like that and this causes it? Not had it happen in any other gear, and I don't actually hit the limiter in 2nd the car only cuts out after the gear change and it registers 3rd. Anyone else had this or is it something I'm doing inadvertently?
Many thanks.

Have taken mine to rev limiter in all gears. No problem. Standard set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use map 2 (auto-blip) and it does do that occasionally.  I always thought it was traction control getting a little sensitive about the sudden application of the clutch together with throttle that does it.

EDIT: auto-blip shouldn't apply when changing up.

Thanks for the replies all, i'll keep you posted with how it behaves on Map 1 and what the tuners say when I'm there later in the month. Hopefully its just a case of it getting confused with my driving style and everything will be ok on Map 1...

It's flat foot shifting. I used to have this all the time. What happens is you're pressing down on the clutch but the throttle pedal is still in the range where the car thinks your foot is flat (it's got a margin for error so even if pedal isn't quite on the floor the ecu interprets as flat out). The map feature believes you're about to flat foot shift, and cuts the power so you don't blast through the red line as the gear change occurs, but because you're engaging the clutch to do a normal shift it all goes wrong and you end up lurching forwards for half a second before you complete gear change, hit the throttle and the car sorts itself out. 

If you shift to the power-only map you'll find the issue stops. 

Hi all, I've had no issues on Map 1 whatsoever. I was down at tuners yesterday getting a small bit of work done and brought it up during remap. He pretty much described it the same as Paul above.

Basically flat foot shifting is throwing a wobbly with my clutch control and me not flat foot shifting when its expecting me to. I'm just glad its nothing wrong with the car :)

I will keep it map 1 from now on until I fancy a play

Thanks again for all the comments, hopefully this will help someone else if they encounter it.

Cheers, Gary.

42 minutes ago, GT1986 said:

Hi all, I've had no issues on Map 1 whatsoever. I was down at tuners yesterday getting a small bit of work done and brought it up during remap. He pretty much described it the same as Paul above.

Basically flat foot shifting is throwing a wobbly with my clutch control and me not flat foot shifting when its expecting me to. I'm just glad its nothing wrong with the car :)

Thanks again for all the comments, hopefully this will help someone else if they encounter it.

Cheers, Gary.

No worries. I intend to get flat foot shifting turned off when I get the car mapped again.

2 hours ago, GT1986 said:

Flat foot shifting is a shite idea. I had it on a map (still do) tried it once or twice on track, but couldn't bring myself to do that to my car, so never used it since.