James18

New Owner from Bath

Bought my GT86 from the Toyota dealer in Bath today - seemed to be pretty painless. Hopefully picking it up Wednesday if work commitments allow.

Gone for the auto as commuting in the Bath area is terrible and I'm not looking for major power.

Possible mods in the near future will be an exhaust, used to riding a 116db motorbike lol, so the car seems pretty quiet in comparison, wheels when I find some that I like for the right price, new spoiler and some improvements to the speaker set up.

Anyone local to Bath area? Would have loved to come meet some of you at Combe this Saturday which is close to where I live but won't be able to get away from work unfortunately.

IMG_20180629_142932.jpg

IMG_20180629_145252.jpg

IMG_20180629_145235.jpg

IMG_20180629_142945.jpg

Welcome aboard. Best mod on the auto is to change the final drive to shorten it to bring it closer to where the manual is. Helps a fair bit with acceleration. The gearing on the auto due to the long final drive is practically intergalactic. There are tons of options when it comes to the exhaust, take your pick! :) 

Welcome to the club!

I also drive auto (2017 version).

TD NA manifold and tune is a no-brainer option IMO. Makes a big difference in mid range (not much change in noise, but plenty of choice there).

FD change is on my to do list (later this month , hurrah).

Focal speakers is a cheap and cheerful upgrade unless you want smth more high end.

Brake pads (or front BBK if you can stretch) upgrade is another option to consider.

Plenty of wheels to choose from, both new and second hand. Go to few meetings and see which ones you like.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Welcome along, I'm also in Swindon, and was lucky enough to spend a few years studying in Bath.  Congratulations on picking the best colour too.  :)

I'll give a +1 for @VAD17's suggestion of the TD package, it really brings out the best of the engine.  I have a TRD style spoiler which is (IMO) a big improvement over the standard one; there's an eBay seller that sells them pre-painted for a reasonable price if you go that route.

Thanks for all the welcoming replies. I'm quite often over in Swindon actually so would be good to arrange a meet at some point!

Seems like the TD package is the way to go then once I've had the car and gotten used to it a bit first. And certainly do like the subtle but nice look of the TRD spoiler route. 

Might have to start a build thread in a few months when things get interesting

Hi and welcome,

I went for the auto too and am really happy with it.

I am also very tempted by the TD package and the 4.67 final drive change though. I dont think I have read any bad comments about either of 2 mods.