Sign in to follow this  
damo1023

Newbie in Cambridge

Hey all,

I've been lurking a few weeks and thought i'd introduce myself and the new toy.

I'm Damien from cambridge and this is the new GT86 I picked up.

A few plans in the pipeline as i move forward but mainly just enjoying the drive for now.

34789614_10156209657107860_440483913073164288_n.jpg

34984780_10156209220157860_3622528077763969024_n.jpg

12 minutes ago, nerdstrike said:

It should be easy to spot you with those decals!

I'm in a humdrum red one.

Hey Nerdstrike its Blanco edition graphics apparently, I didn't want to remove them because of this initially I didn't particularly like them but they have grown on me.

I'll keep an eye out for you, I'm in and out of Cambridge for work Monday to Friday. there's a couple of GT86's I've seen about and another guy at work has one.

11 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Welcome aboard. :) What's in the pipeline? 

Hey Lauren, I think to start with some decent suspension and some braking upgrades. Then i'll be quite tempted to head towards forced induction in some shape or form.

Soundproofing has helped somewhat for now as I can rack up the miles.

TEIN Flex A is well tested and good enough value for money. The Reyland 4 pot AP (or six if you must) kit is great value for money at £1500. Only really necessary though if you are going on track a fair bit. Aftermarket pads make a small difference in my experience. They are fine for road driving though. 

56 minutes ago, 86guns said:

Welcome. I have Blanco #10. What number is yours?

hey 86guns I'm not as low down as that number 59 for me.

11 minutes ago, Lauren said:

TEIN Flex A is well tested and good enough value for money. The Reyland 4 pot AP (or six if you must) kit is great value for money at £1500. Only really necessary though if you are going on track a fair bit. Aftermarket pads make a small difference in my experience. They are fine for road driving though. 

I'm a fan of tein kit already I've had it on a previous car, it looks like the edfc controllers have come on a lot as well. I think with Snetterton so close by it would be rude not to get a decent kit fitted. The track is calling, it always was going to with having worked right besides one for the last 6 months.

On 18/09/2018 at 5:11 PM, lewism1 said:

Saw this the other day I believe :)

entirely possible I've been spotting a red GT86 about on my travels. in and around cambridge and out nearer ely as well.

Whoever the red one near Soham is, I remember this a few months back when I had my 370 heading back to Peterborough from Newmarket at night across the fens and I thought I was going reasonably well and this red 86 flew by flat out! They turned into Soham village. Made me smile and ended up buying one myself!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk