Lmc

Titanium exhaust

I’m tempted to get one of garage whifbitz titanium exhausts just wondering if anyone’s got/ had one or if there are any video clips of them. Also the end game is to turbo the car so with that in mind would the exhaust be up to the job.

here,s a link to the exhaust

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/ti-exhausts-gt86-brz-titanium-cat-back-exhaust-3750.html

1) Supposedly titanium should be lighter for same weight,

2) but it also often means double the price due higher material and harder to manufacture/weld costs, and more probable droning, exactly due thinner walls of tubing/muffler/resonators.

There is little to be had performance wise from catbacks, so most choose by sound tone/loudness to one liking. So imho you should decide/clarify on what you want/expect, and choose which exhaust according that. If weight, then i guess Ti exhausts might be a choice .. but one will save a lot for eg. going single tip exhaust or even for single tip muffler-less track pipe. For sound volume/quality .. i'd certainly wouldn't get one without "listening it first". And more then preferably - in person (eg. going to some meet and trying to find someone with exhausts which one is interested in. Or with sound that one likes), as even something like youtube recordings do very shitty job to really show how loud some exhaust is or isn't and if it drones or not. Given higher price of Ti exhausts, if one will get lemon, not to one's liking, will hurt financially much more. I'd also be weary with other views on what's good or bad exhaust sound wise, as it's VERY subjective thing, both what is tolerable or not loudness wise, and what tone/sound one may like (or not).

Looks a lovely bit of kit! But it's the first I've seen of it so not sure about sounds clips

In regards to having with a turbo depending on what sort of power your wanting to run and if you have a screamer or not. If you want to run 330-400 you ideally need a 3" for the flow but if you have a screamer (which the td kit does) 2.5" is fine. If your gonna be happy with somewhere around the 280bhp mark it will be fine regardless of the screamer

Or just go for HKS Spec L with 10% Discount ;)  with Titanium tips for show, but it won't be as loud as what you've posted. Not to mention that the car will be a lot louder once you put a catless manifold on it as well. + It's proven :)