Sign in to follow this  
Stevie p

Midlands members who may know ?

Ive just ordered myself a sard carbon wing and will be removing my standard spoiler over the next few weeks and wondered if anyone around midlands / staffs may know where i can get holes welded up and boot colour matched pearl white ?

2 minutes ago, Stevie p said:

Ive just ordered myself a sard carbon wing and will be removing my standard spoiler over the next few weeks and wondered if anyone around midlands / staffs may know where i can get holes welded up and boot colour matched pearl white ?

Any competent body shop should be able to do it. Shorade in Cannock are supposed to be very good (they do a lot of supercars and are the area Porsche approved body shop etc) 

Getting a good colour match with white is very hard though.

You may also want to look into some sort of protection for the boot where the spoiler clamps on - most people with the SARD wings have issues with it damaging the paint work where it clamps on 👍

Just now, Deacon said:

Any competent body shop should be able to do it. Shorade in Cannock are supposed to be very good (they do a lot of supercars and are the area Porsche approved body shop etc) 

Getting a good colour match with white is very hard though.

You may also want to look into some sort of protection for the boot where the spoiler clamps on - most people with the SARD wings have issues with it damaging the paint work where it clamps on 👍

Shorade !!!!  could buy a new boot lid for what they would charge lol,   i had them replace my rear bumper on my old 986 Boxster and with paint cost around 4k  !!!

I've looked how they bolt on and hopefully will be ok,   I've gone for the same style as Kesler on other forum. 

Must pop over and have a chat as reading your thread to id like to know more about your views on springs and want listen to your exhaust if i may.

regards 

steve 

2 minutes ago, Stevie p said:

Shorade !!!!  could buy a new boot lid for what they would charge lol,   i had them replace my rear bumper on my old 986 Boxster and with paint cost around 4k  !!!

I've looked how they bolt on and hopefully will be ok,   I've gone for the same style as Kesler on other forum. 

Must pop over and have a chat as reading your thread to id like to know more about your views on springs and want listen to your exhaust if i may.

regards 

steve 

Yep no problem 👍

@will300 had a genuine SARD wing and had problems with the marking and Kealer's car had marking the last time I saw it too. I think the issue is that the clamp moves a little and marks the paint. 

2 minutes ago, Deacon said:

Yep no problem 👍

@will300 had a genuine SARD wing and had problems with the marking and Kealer's car had marking the last time I saw it too. I think the issue is that the clamp moves a little and marks the paint. 

Gorilla glue before tightening bolts then :D  won't move then. 

Sorry can't help with your query but I'm wanting to do a similar thing myself in the future. Could you give me a shout where you end up going to get it all sorted and what they charged? I wouldn't expect spraying the pearl white to be cheap though.

out of 3 places i went to,   1 was £250 + £100 to spray wing,   the other was £300 + £100 to spray wing and the other turned me away saying its to hard to match.

Im thinking of going with the £300 one but waiting on arrival  of wing first before i decide.   

£250 was in Hixon

£300 was in Rugeley.

Hope this helps you 

regards 

Stevie 

On 6/12/2018 at 8:57 AM, Kryostasis said:

Sorry can't help with your query but I'm wanting to do a similar thing myself in the future. Could you give me a shout where you end up going to get it all sorted and what they charged? I wouldn't expect spraying the pearl white to be cheap though.

see post above