Lmc

Lmc,s build

After travelling 100,s of miles viewing cars i finally Picked the car up a couple of weeks ago from a kind chap on the forums who rather nicely brought the car other from the isle of wight for me to view in Southampton.

Loved the car so the deal was done & drove it back to it’s new home in the south west.

2 days later the modding started. Ordered some meister r coilovers. Had them on my previous car and really rated them so it was a no brainer really.

struggled with wheels for a while nothing really taking my fancy & those that did would have to wait 10 weeks for them to come from Japan.

1 of the few advantages to living in Devon is that rare rims are only 15 miles away so i made a late dash Friday afternoon to view,what wheels they had in stock. They went out of there way to help even staying late. Anyway some wheels were chosen.

next step Saturday morning was to find some tyres. After a lot of phone calls i managed to get a good deal on some Michelin Pilot Sport 4 in 235 40 18.

I fitted all of it today and am pleased with how it looks. The car still needs to be lowered about 20mm more all around but I’d had enough for one day.

also managed to be on the forum at the right time to pick up a set of used valenti smoked sequential rear lights so had to fit them aswell.

Anyway a few pics for you.

Small update 

De- bricked the front number plate been meening to do this for a little while now and eventually found the time.

904A9B7B-3C6A-4B47-9E91-5A242BB6C58B.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Is that smaller? Ahh it is, I just scrolled up in a previous pic. 

How's it attached? 

Also if it is smaller is there any legal technicalities to that? 

It’s held on with 50mm double sided foam tape.

It’s not legal but without trying to tempt fate I’ve had them on all my weekend cars for the last 15 years with no problems.

The single traffic policeman in Devon must be busy chasing caravans. I've heard of quite a few people getting ordered to replace their plate in the greater London area and other busier parts of the country.

I like your choice of wheel!

On 15/07/2018 at 10:53 PM, Ade said:

Good choice. Still my favourite sounding exhaust on the 86.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Done a few miles with it on now & absolutely love it. Can’t believe it didn’t come from the factory like it.

I can’t believe that for the second time since I bought the car I just happened to be on the forums at the right time to pick up another bargain, a p3 muti gauge. 

Just fitted it (which is a nice simple 10 minute install) it gives you all the info you need in a gauge that looks like it could of come from the factory like it.

B7AA26FF-163C-4D11-AAC1-78E7E7967F6D.jpeg

669EC5C7-C918-47CB-9A9E-ED8C0813C214.jpeg

503FAFC4-02B9-46E9-B03D-8A194F040C34.jpeg

Treated the car to a couple of xmas pressies. 

Got a beatsonic sharkfin aerial from Fensport which i must say was fantastic service, & finally got around to buying the focal is165toy speakers.

just fitted them both & at last i can listen to music without the crackling noise.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:30 PM, Lmc said:

Treated the car to a couple of xmas pressies. 

Got a beatsonic sharkfin aerial from Fensport which i must say was fantastic service, & finally got around to buying the focal is165toy speakers.

just fitted them both & at last i can listen to music without the crackling noise.

the focals get better and better the more theyre used too :)

also, how you finding the ebc discs and pads?

8 minutes ago, br0wny said:

the focals get better and better the more theyre used too :)

also, how you finding the ebc discs and pads?

Haven’t really used brakes heavily as of yet, just road use but seem to be a marked improvement on the stock brakes.

That said the stock discs & pads had just about had it when i bought the car so not really a fair comparison.

Not  a terrible lot has changed with the car recently although i did manage to pick up a blitz front strut brace & smoked valenti rear fog light from a forum member.

fitted the strut brace but haven’t found time yet to fit the fog light.

DDEF0A75-B77E-4290-A120-69B3D132F269.jpeg

On top of that I’ve just got back from a track afternoon at castle combe. It was only my second track day & as per the trackday thread i was a bit nervous as last time (in my 350z) i suffered really bad with motion sickness & only managed to do a couple of laps before I had to call it a day.

Im pleased to say everything went fine, no motion sickness at all. Only manged to get 3x 15 minute sessions in due to accidents as most cars there were full on race cars pushing to the limits which was a little intimidating but i survived.

I did manage to boil the brake fluid so will be looking for recommendations before my next trackday.

For the second Saturday in a row I’ve been on the road since 6.45am and only just got home, but all i can say is a massive thanks to Mike at Tuning developments the guys there are magicians.

This is how the car should have come from the factory.

It,s 99% motorway driving home so havent had too much chance to give the car some beans but the few times i have have been exactly what i was looking for in the car.

Anyway a few pics for anyone who’s interested 

97144CFB-C15D-494D-B5B5-140E90CB57D9.jpeg

797341E6-58D1-41DE-8500-64496BEE8613.jpeg

B900DE84-D86F-4838-8968-9C344B284C6E.jpeg

6C6CDEEF-F8C8-4306-BC29-69CD0B94DA20.jpeg

EE7C0628-FF66-46D1-B425-8A05054A52F4.jpeg

Finally got around to fitting the valenti rear fog light that I managed to pick up from a forum user.

finishes the rear off nicely.

5E1C5BBD-7D8B-4FA8-AAEC-82B6913CC5C9.jpeg

4D6DEF99-68C2-4A50-A888-A392AD841ADE.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Daninplymouth said:

Have you done many more miles on the turbo? If so you have any more feedback?

Haven’t done that many yet as it’s not a daily car however i have been driving it all weekend & absolutely love it.

The screamer pipe & wastegate chatter are addictive & if its power your after i would suggest there’s no point messing around with anything else just bite the bullet & go for it, you won’t regret it.

Dan your only down the road in plymouth (im in Starcross) so your more than welcome to meet up & I’ll take you for a spin in it.

Gave the car a quick wash to get the bird poop off and treated it to some new number plates 

09EC70ED-84C9-41F4-9834-FC6B1542F6EB.jpeg.52d300d8f8595f3d24898c50a6d32298.jpeg
180F464E-55BA-49E5-BCDD-9D085EB9AE64.jpeg.f916b3fbc4216983e9ec0b47c1e00ddc.jpeg
Looking sweet!

Love to hear the turbo sometime!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk