Deacon

Krown Rust Protection

My intention is to keep my 86 indefinitely. With this in mind, now it's just over 5 years old, I decided some rust protection would be a good idea. 

I've heard a lot about Krown Rust Protection and it seems to come highly rated. The UK agent is fairly close to me so I have taken the car in today to be protected. 

The process takes around 4 hours. They're going to take pictures as they go and have it up on the ramp when I collect it so I can take some further pictures to share so I'll update this post further later. 

IMG_20180531_095906_Hagrid.thumb.jpg.61ffc0559fe62ad9d633be69e9b27b30.jpg

I'm waiting for them to send the pictures through of the process but will add those as soon as I have them.

Below is a picture I took this morning of the rear underside. The product itself basically stays 'wet' as you can see on the picture hopefully. 

Screenshot_20180601-120023.thumb.jpg.65cb12c331027ff7825d9e66933b149f.jpg

They're happy to offer us an open day so I'll put another post up later for people to express interest. It'll be a Saturday or Sunday in July or August and they would do someone's car while we are there if someone fancies it? 

How much did this cost and what length of time does this protect the car for? Or how often would they recommend new a new coat?

thanks in advance also very interested in this process as im coming up to 5 years next May 

4 minutes ago, chunck said:

How much did this cost and what length of time does this protect the car for? Or how often would they recommend new a new coat?

thanks in advance also very interested in this process as im coming up to 5 years next May 

The treatment takes around 4 hours. The cost is £252 including VAT. They recommend that if the car is daily driven you have just the underside retreated after two years and the whole lot redone after four. 

Hmm looks ok. Do they clean it underneath before spraying that stuff on first though? because there may already be build up of rust already?

And aren't the wheel arches plastic? or maybe they just being thorough and spraying it so that it goes in the nooks and crannies. 

Also spraying under the boot lid? I wouldn't have thought that would have gotten rust, it's not exposed to the elements. 

I'll probably be interested in doing this. 

Edit: Never mind, just reading there website :lol:

I did some DIY waxoyl application a few years back. Absolutely worth paying somebody else to do the job.

The only thing they can't really protect are the hot parts, because the coating gets runny and drips off.