Sign in to follow this  
infernouk

Interior center console creaking noise?

Hey guys,

posted this here as it didn’t seem to fit in any other category.

gor about 3 months my center console somewhere around the head unit / dials has had a constant creak noise whilst driving as if the plastic were flexing.

inhabe pushed down on everything and turned everything hoping something would pop into place and it would stop but no luck! 

I cant recreate the noise whilst stationary so it’s very difficult to pin down and fix as when driving I can’t focus on where it could be coming from.

is it a known issue or has anyone else had a similar issue with this center console creaking and is there a fix or method to fix this? Cheers 

I've got something similar happening to me when driving fast on bad roads.. it must be the speed & vibrations as it doesn't happen on motorways unless i happen to be doing 100mph

I'm not actually sure where it's coming from but it seems like it's in the vents or behind the head unit.

ah this happens at any speed rather than it being triggered by rough terrain, its very odd almost sounds like plastic warping (like when you press on the plastic around the dash dials but it happens on its own) drives me crazy as its the only noise my car makes!