Leevsfortyone

Event Organisers

We do have some regional event organisers and I guess some do more than others. We really could do with people putting themselves forward to take this on as it would be a great help, particularly for the south. I'm doing more with the big events and some up north, but practically speaking events that I won't get to are better organised by those that frequent those events. 

My concern is and I use Beaulieu and Silverstone as an example, members have been putting their names forward to attend these events.
(Beaulieu) Yet unlike previous occasions when Rob organised this, it appears no one has booked a stand causing a possible problem with us all arriving and having no where to park.
(Silverstone) I noticed in the run up there was a lack of preparation in planning the stand layout, myself and Kevin had made plans to get to the stand in advance of members arriving to control the parking and attempt to make a great display, unfortunately a large number of cars had beaten us there and parking as per the previous year was disorganised.
We definitely need a team of people to step up and take the lead in controlling these events. It can be a lot of work sometimes especially when the collection of funds are involved but if the club has a dedicated area representative working with event proposers the work load can be shared.
I am happy to assist others in the southern area creating events/ social meets for the members and help with the planning.
We do need some more people in the south to take a lead with events and social meets.
It can also be great fun creating a event and seeing it through, our members do enjoy a get together and I’m sure will support the club going forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The issue is I used to do 80% of the work on most events. Which i'm fine with but I haven't been around as of late due to simply barely having a life at the moment. With regards to beaulieu, I was PM'd about this and @VAD17 offered to take the reigns with it. As far as i'm concerned, the person who starts a thread should be the one arranging things. I thought this was the case with this event so nothing has been done. 

Kevin messaged me about Japfest and I asked him to discuss with Lauren as I wasn't going to be there. Though i'm not surprised Japfest parking didn't go to plan, nobody listens and leaves their cars wherever they want! The club does need some help organising events and if anyone wants to they can certainly put their names forward. I did ask in the survey I put out last if people would be interested, I pm'd those that put their names forward and for the most part the response was they couldn't be arsed or don't have the time. This does make me wonder why they offered in the first place but hey ho...

@Deacon The system demoted you, you aren't actually demoted lol.

@Test Drives Unlimited your comment is part of the reason why i've taken a step back as of late. A prime example that my efforts aren't appreciated by most. I've had thanks from many people over the years for organising events for the club, but them thanks come from the same people each year and they are the same people that are happy to help out. There is a huge chunk of people here that expect a load of stuff and really don't appreciate the time & efforts put in. But they are happy to complain when things don't happen. :lol:

It's clear that as the club expands more help is needed, and i've asked before and got little response. @Leevsfortyone thanks for putting your name forward for helping it's appreciated. Feel free to drop me a PM so we can make the south great again :)

The issue is I used to do 80% of the work on most events. Which i'm fine with but I haven't been around as of late due to simply barely having a life at the moment. With regards to beaulieu, I was PM'd about this and [mention=2630]VAD17[/mention] offered to take the reigns with it. As far as i'm concerned, the person who starts a thread should be the one arranging things. I thought this was the case with this event so nothing has been done. 
Kevin messaged me about Japfest and I asked him to discuss with Lauren as I wasn't going to be there. Though i'm not surprised Japfest parking didn't go to plan, nobody listens and leaves their cars wherever they want! The club does need some help organising events and if anyone wants to they can certainly put their names forward. I did ask in the survey I put out last if people would be interested, I pm'd those that put their names forward and for the most part the response was they couldn't be arsed or don't have the time. This does make me wonder why they offered in the first place but hey ho...
[mention=277]Deacon[/mention] The system demoted you, you aren't actually demoted lol.
[mention=308]Test Drives Unlimited[/mention] your comment is part of the reason why i've taken a step back as of late. A prime example that my efforts aren't appreciated by most. I've had thanks from many people over the years for organising events for the club, but them thanks come from the same people each year and they are the same people that are happy to help out. There is a huge chunk of people here that expect a load of stuff and really don't appreciate the time & efforts put in. But they are happy to complain when things don't happen. :lol:
It's clear that as the club expands more help is needed, and i've asked before and got little response. [mention=511]Leevsfortyone[/mention] thanks for putting your name forward for helping it's appreciated. Feel free to drop me a PM so we can make the south great again

Hi Rob will do.

I would put my name forward Rob, but I have my hands full being a member of the RX-8OC Committee and am now the Events Coordinator for the Club. Am also in charge of the Events Team and between all of us, we organise events up and down the UK including Scotland.

There is also 3 of us who organise trips to the Nurburgring and Spa-Francorchamps.

In fact am taking 12 cars which is about 19 people to Spa-Francorchamps in October this year.

Just recently came back from Germany where a few of us went to the Nurburgring again.

We also arrange an Annual Meet & AGM every year for our Members to attend, which is also attached to a Track/Sprint Event.

I am happy if anyone within the Drivers Club would like to tag along on any of our Events including putting a Club Flag up along side your Group of Cars, although JDM and our Beaulieu Event is Exclusive to Paid up Club Members of the RX-8OC.

I have our usual Exclusive Track Session booked at Tunerfest South this year and am happy to fill the excess places up with Members of the Drivers Club.

Will of course have to let the RX-8OC Members have first refusal before offering excess places to the Drivers Club though.

By the way 2 or 3 of your Members have already joined us on various Events this year.

I do hope Members within the Drivers Club step forward as this can be so rewarding when the whole thing comes together, but do agree with Rob that there are times when you wonder why you are putting yourself out for all this when people don't bother showing up or complain left right and centre.

GSB - TDU

RX-8OC Events Coordinator

Sent from my ASUS_A001 using Tapatalk

Apologies, my bad about Beaulieu:(. Was trying to be helpful and put few events in the diary, but was not sure about etiquette if not attending it myself. Thanks @Leevsfortyone.

The rule "you put it in the diary - you "own" it" is right and I will organize stand for Summer Action Festival @ Castle Combe (already done for JDM Castle Combe & Tunerfest South).

I think it may also be helpful to put forward events people would like to attend or thinking about well in advance and for those accessing forum on mobile decides with no calendar having some way to suggest events (hence the topic I started)

@rob275 and @Leevsfortyone - very happy to help with events south or within 2hrs from London.;)

@rob275 I'd be more than willing to help out where I can if anywhere, although from what I was aware there are already a couple of people in my neck of the woods who organise meets and shows etc

Can we just put a banner up in the respective areas?

You propose it - you organise it.

I sorted the Simply Race session, and will probably do another later in the year.

We do have some regional event organisers and I guess some do more than others. We really could do with people putting themselves forward to take this on as it would be a great help, particularly for the south. I'm doing more with the big events and some up north, but practically speaking events that I won't get to are better organised by those that frequent those events. 

Would be happy with anything in my locality north London and home counties. But spend most of the summer abroad. Am going to Maldon 10 th June but that seems well in hand.

I could do with some help up north. Neal has done some local events, but when it comes to car events in terms of shows I've realised it's pretty much only me. I don't go to everything. There's been a few attend the Jap2Jap and we have the Cumbria International car show this Sunday coming up, but obviously there is so much more we could do.