McDude

Michelin PS4 - full set, 100 miles, looking to trade for Primacy Set

Bit of a long shot this one – I bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 just two weeks ago and have done less than 100 miles on them. They have, without a doubt, transformed the car. It turns in sharper, corners better and is altogether a more reassuring tyre, in fact it is hard to imagine a better tyre for the car. BUT… it’s not for me, I miss the playful nature of the Primacy tyre and as it’s not about cornering speed but cornering fun for me I’m looking to trade.

So:

For Trade – one set of as good as new Michelin PS4s for a similar set of Primacies! If you’ve done more than 1000 miles we might need to talk about some sort of cash top up but let’s see if anyone is vaguely interested.

The tyres are on a mint, unmarked set of alloys so if you also had unmarked alloys we could even do a straight swap of wheels! The logistics without this could be a bit tricky.

Like I said, bit of a long shot but if you’ve just picked up your new GT86 or BRZ and wanted to upgrade the tyres for free this is the deal for you!!! I'm in Brentwood, Essex.

Got 2 primacies and 2 yokohama v105s any interest? And I have 2 evergreens (budgets) if you really want a laugh

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

I've got 4 primacies stacked in the shed with no rims. They're down to 4-5mm depending on where you measure, but I'd be happy to be rid of them for a trifling sum. The shed is a bit overfull now. You could even mention them in your will, as I suspect they'll still have tread left.

FWIW you're not the first person to regret an excess traction.

18 minutes ago, Falix said:

Yeah I have Primacy on original wheels, done a fair few miles so would have to sort cash.

What sort of miles/remaining tread and what state are your alloys in (assuming we just changed wheels)?

7 minutes ago, nerdstrike said:

I've got 4 primacies stacked in the shed with no rims. They're down to 4-5mm depending on where you measure, but I'd be happy to be rid of them for a trifling sum. The shed is a bit overfull now. You could even mention them in your will, as I suspect they'll still have tread left.

FWIW you're not the first person to regret an excess traction.

You Sir, are a gent! I may take you up on this if my dream offer of a new for new swap doesn't bear fruit. I'll let this thread run for a bit and see what happens.

I have a set of Primacys on the car at the moment and would love to upgrade to some PS4's! The tyres have done exactly 5545 miles as they're the ones from new. Great condition, they have been on track once but hardly worn, I can get a mm reading across each tyre if you're interested?

5 minutes ago, Sighe98 said:

I have a set of Primacys on the car at the moment and would love to upgrade to some PS4's! The tyres have done exactly 5545 miles as they're the ones from new. Great condition, they have been on track once but hardly worn, I can get a mm reading across each tyre if you're interested?

Definitely interested - not sure how we'd sort out a trade with you being in Wiltshire, but assuming you'd be happy to swap rims as well (and yours are mint) then we could meet halfway with a trolley jack!!!

5 hours ago, McDude said:

Definitely interested - not sure how we'd sort out a trade with you being in Wiltshire, but assuming you'd be happy to swap rims as well (and yours are mint) then we could meet halfway with a trolley jack!!!

Yeah sure however I'm on the 2017 stock wheels which are a bit different so if possible I'd wanna keep my rims

Just to help you here, I'd ask for the date stamp of anyone swopping Primacy tyres with you. Tyres that are over 2 years old will degrade and you don't want someone's old Primacy tyres that has been sitting in the shed for five years.