Sign in to follow this  
Cerastes

Nurburgring 24hrs

For those of you interested; this weekend is the Nurburgring 24hrs. Last year I watched it online and even though it was 24hrs I thought there would be some big gaps between cars, but if I remember correctly it rained in the last hour or so and some cars came out of nowhere to almost win it. Others spinning off on slicks and that was all in the daylight. Wait until night. Here's an on board video just to wet your appetite. 

On another note, tickets aren't that expensive for lots of track action. Maybe an idea for a nice little club event :lol:. Camp at one of the corners, chat, eat, drink (I know a lot of you like to do that) and watch some racing too. 

34 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

For those of you interested; this weekend is the Nurburgring 24hrs. Last year I watched it online and even though it was 24hrs I thought there would be some big gaps between cars, but if I remember correctly it rained in the last hour or so and some cars came out of nowhere to almost win it. Others spinning off on slicks and that was all in the daylight. Wait until night. Here's an on board video just to wet your appetite. 

On another note, tickets aren't that expensive for lots of track action. Maybe an idea for a nice little club event :lol:. Camp at one of the corners, chat, eat, drink (I know a lot of you like to do that) and watch some racing too. 

The N24 is by far my favourite race of the year and in fact I'm just booking to go and watch the August VLN round 😂

@Deacon VLN? 

I do like endurance racing, it always seems to be closer than I think. I think a few months ago I watched a 6hr event and the gaps were still 10secs or so. Which I think is remarkable considering F1 gaps are sometimes longer and that's just about 1hr 30mins of racing. 

Also if I remember correctly there were some gt86's in nurburgring 24hrs last year. 

Yeah totally agreed the racing is so good and so close. 

Info on the VLN series is below:-

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/events-tickets/automobile/vln.html

There's usually quite a few 86/BRZ's that take part including Tim Shricks Roots Racing BRZ which I'm looking forwards to seeing in person. 

I'm going to the August round which is the fifth round and a 6 hour race on the calendar. 

http://www.24h-rennen.de/live-timing-ticker/#toggle-id-2 On this page there are some links to live on board cams of various cars. 

Edit: There are 4 GT86's on the race apparently. Not seen them yet and not been able to find the current standing. 

Edit: Found the live timing. They not doing great. 

https://livetiming.azurewebsites.net/events/20/results Highest placed GT86 is 95th :(