GT86Bob

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres

Hi All,

I bought some wheels and tyres from Jeff last week for competition use. The tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s.  Now my plans have changed as I have bought a different car to race. My question is - Do you think these  tyres are OK for normal road use?  (Not winter use - from now till about November/December)

Thanks

Bob

Hi All,
I bought some wheels and tyres from Jeff last week for competition use. The tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s.  Now my plans have changed as I have bought a different car to race. My question is - Do you think these  tyres are OK for normal road use?  (Not winter use - from now till about November/December)
Thanks
Bob
I found them OK in normal road use but I'd suggest extra caution in heavy rain - they're not fond of standing water!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

They are still listed as a road tyre, so I would use the same sort of caution that you would do if the standard primacy tyres are fitted, which is to slow down when the rain falls. 

31 minutes ago, Church said:

Imho this video is rather good on describing strength and weaknesses of cup2.

Well that was the answer to my question wasn't it! A very intelligent summary.  Since my wife often drives my GT86 and she isn't particularly 'interested in driving' shall we say, and because I'll be driving over the Alps in June and have no idea what the weather and roads will be like, I think I won't use them.  I was also interested in the fact that even in the dry until they are up to temperature they do not have the grip you'd like. This seems to make them unsuitable for hillclimbing and sprinting.  SO, I guess I'll sell them. This isn't the right forum for that so I'll post in the correct forum in dues course.

Thanks for those answers.

Bob