RyanKirkUK

aftermarket version of this part

Imho it should also have another good property of lessening crap like old leaves getting beneath trunk lid around rubber seals. Or actually it should be main function as i somewhat doubt it really doing any real aero impact.

As for question .. never saw any aftermarket versions of it. You may order one-off making of such at some shops, but probably price will be even higher then this.

7 hours ago, RyanKirkUK said:

Does anyone know of an aftermarket version of this part? I really like the seamless look but my god is that part expensive once you add a TRD sticker to it.

GT86_TRD_Aero_Stabilizing_Cover.jpg

Maybe somewhere could do a group buy?

It's toyota/trd optional part with specific MSRP. I doubt there will be high discount to it even in batch (unless it's some VERY big group buy that probably will never happen). Maybe something can be saved on combined shipping, but i doubt shipping for plastic piece to be very expensive and thus if there is potential to save enough on it.

IIRC it's part number is MS346-18001. Fensport in UK also offers it (£179.60). You can google by this part number for other sources/shops.

I have found it cheaper £108 but then you have shipping costs £22 at time of writing, not sure on customs though. They have the occasional sale too and have seen it for £102. There is also a groupbuy option. 

I believe it's called " TRD aero stabalizing cover". 

I have only considered it for stopping/reducing leaves/rubbish getting down there.