So like many others i’d had enough of the standard sound system and knew it was time to upgrade. I wanted to keep the head unit as is, so broke into the wiring and added RCA converters to the front & rear speaker lines. Built the sub box out of fibreglass, many YouTube videos of tuition.  Moved the alarm light and replaced it with a Bass controller. Fitted the Focal IS605TOY Speakers, so a very easy replacement and added about 30 square feet of sound deafening to the doors, boot, arches and boot lid.  Overall very happy with the sound now. The sound deadening is essential, the amount of rattles when you throw some real bass into the cabin is incredible. 

6AD95E61-97F5-41AD-B74F-D56CA0C8C8DC.jpeg

317DF58C-8065-472F-A728-FAC8E94AF09A.jpeg

CF9DB741-DDA6-456A-98A1-6284510E8FE5.jpeg

74085D51-9FFE-442E-8197-314B03C7DB17.jpeg

030981B2-81AC-4FCA-BE23-B0BBC6C3E6DD.jpeg

1 hour ago, Stutopia said:

Nice work, sound deadening and speakers are on my list. So many things to do, so little time!

This! 

Doing a roadtrip to South of France this time next year so deffo need the speakers sorting for then! Along with headers and map, coilovers, brakes, exterior bits 😂😂 

Thanks for sharing your audio build OP

36 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Can you not just get a cover for it? Just thinking that would be more effective than that. Got one on mine on the 12" sub I have in the boot floor. 

I like the look of the bars, just sits in the middle of fashion & function for me. 😋

1 minute ago, Driftrocker said:

I like the look of the bars, just sits in the middle of fashion & function for me. 😋

I just worry that they won't do a good job of protecting the sub when something flies around in your boot! Function all the way for me. :P

I'd be interested in knowing which wires are for which speaker as I think they are on two different plugs. I have the touch 2 in my 66 plate GT86 so don't know if there is a difference & I am planning on doing the same thing

How did you fix the amp? I assume you had to have something behind the carpet to support it.

Hi, I’ll give you a better run down tomorrow when I’ve got a bit of free time. I’ve got a diagram for a touch & go with wiring colours so it should match. The amp is fixed on carpeted MDF and fixed simply with Velcro.