Sign in to follow this  
Spatt

Looking for a TRD ex 350z owner

Hi all, just wanted to say hello. I've been signed up for a few months but thought i'd ask for some advice / clarification on a few things in the search for my new car

I've been thinking of buying a TRD and theres a couple of reasons for this. The first is they look damn cool and i love the quad exhaust. The other reason is to do with insurance, my insurance on a TRD is pretty good. Now i'm not saying theres anything wrong with a stock standard GT86 but i know i wont be able to resist the urge to start modding (especially after seeing some of your individual cars) and this always leads to higher insurance which is something i'm trying to avoid. It will all come down to price i understand the TRD has a premium attached to it but i love the look of it though i'm yet to actually hear the difference between the stock GT86 and the TRD 86

So i guess my question is for those who have or have driven or even know someone with a TRD... What are they really like over the stock 86?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi matt, 

Your certainly making a good decision ;) 

I've got a TRD and have had it for over three years now and I love it as much as the day I got it although I have modified mine a fair bit. The exhaust note on a standard car imho is very very dull, doesn't sound anything like a sports car. The TRD is slightly better although it's still not the best sounding, what I did to mine was replace the manifold, overpipe and remove the second cat and it soundly much nicer without being over loud plus it put my premium up by such a small amount it was totally worth it!

If your just going for a TRD for the sound don't bother but if your going for one for the overall looks I certainly would, I don't regret it at all! You can pick them up for not too much of a premium now over the standard car and for that you get a full body kit, a set of slightly wider wheels, TRD gear stick, TRD radiator cap, TRD fuel filler cap and the TRD quad exhaust.

What I'd recommend is go and look at a few examples some TRD and some stock and see what you reckon, either way they are great cars I'm sure you'll love both!

Hi I also have the TRD version, although it looks good with the kit and wheels, the urge to modify will get you eventually 👍

Haha! thanks for info guys... yeh i'm sure i'll end up with UEL and some loudness modifications. I much prefer the wheels on the TRD and the overall package. After one with the quilted leather if possible. There's a couple of white ones for sale and an orange one.. nothing in the classifieds yet though

It's simply cosmetics over the stock car. But if you like the body kit then that's reason enough. The exhaust is very quiet and barely any louder than the stock one really, so you'd want to play with that really. The seats are an option. All were fitted at Portbury Docks in the UK.