GT86FTW

Why gt86

The reason am asking this is just to get some opinions on what you think.

I have three cars in mind

Gti mk7

C class sport 2015

Or gt86 2015

What do you lot think

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Obviously you're going to get biased answers on here but here's my 2p

The Merc will be a good cruiser. Ideal if that's what you're after but not so much for fun. 

The mk7 gti will be an excellent all rounder, both practical and relatively fun. 

The 86 will be lots of fun (especially if you go on track - and anyone with an 86 who doesn't take it on track at all is really missing out imho), massively involving and will allow you to develop as a driver but won't be as comfy or as practical as the gti. 

It really depends what you want the car for really as to what's the best choice for you. 

Have you test driven any?

When I got mine, my options were: gt86, fk2 civic type r, mk 7 fiesta st, gti.

I drove them all and the gt86 just felt right. The fk2 came the closest to beating the gt86, but I couldn't get on with the styling. 

If a C class is also on the list I doubt you want a gt86. (Also owned a C class coupe, when doing more miles) they are totally different cars. The gt86 is way more fun but less refined on long trips. The golf GTi is the middle ground on your list.  The gt86 is a great car but not for everyone it's for people who value how a car drives above luxury and refinement. 

Beacuse of my age i can't test drive them. I was all up for the c class and gti. Then i started to think.

The c class is just for comfort and that's all, not full to drive
The gti is a all rounder but where I live its associated with drug dealers. That what put me off it and because of that insurance is really high

Then i seen the gt86 i dont know why but something about this car made me fall in love with it. From the outside it got the looks. To me looks 10x better then the c class and gti.
Inside not so much but i can do things to improve it.

Its not technology advanced like the other two.

What am looking in a car is a car that is fun to drive, but that also has good looks and and easy to live with.

Beacuse of my age i can't test drive them. I was all up for the c class and gti. Then i started to think.

The c class is just for comfort and that's all, not full to drive
The gti is a all rounder but where I live its associated with drug dealers. That what put me off it and because of that insurance is really high

Then i seen the gt86 i dont know why but something about this car made me fall in love with it. From the outside it got the looks. To me looks 10x better then the c class and gti.
Inside not so much but i can do things to improve it.

Its not technology advanced like the other two.

What am looking in a car is a car that is fun to drive, but that also has good looks and and easy to live with.

The 86 is very easy to live with, the only thing is more than 1 passenger. But with the rear seats down you can fit alot of stuff in, very convenient for DIY trips

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Am looking at gti or 86 i can't test drive them beacuse of my age.

I don't have many people in my car, but when i do its very rarely.

How reliable is a VW?

Beacuse i had a polo and that didn't go too well

1 hour ago, sam534 said:

The 86 is very easy to live with, the only thing is more than 1 passenger. But with the rear seats down you can fit alot of stuff in, very convenient for DIY trips

But it doesn't have anywhere near the same level of comfort or convenience, the 86 is archaic inside compared to a MK7 GTI. Yes it's not as fun, but it certainly has more easily accessible performance and comfort. 

However, a GTI doesn't do skids like a GT86 and that's what really matters :lol: 

But it doesn't have anywhere near the same level of comfort or convenience, the 86 is archaic inside compared to a MK7 GTI. Yes it's not as fun, but it certainly has more, easily accessible performance and comfort. 
However, a GTI doesn't do skids like a GT86 and that's what really matters  
Yeah I guess, I've never been one for German styling.

I don't really understand comments like archaic or low technology. Coming from BMW 540i, 530d and 335d Coupe, I find the BRZ cabin just as comfortable and the seats by far the best of any car I've driven.

Technology? An NA 2.0 petrol with port and rail fuel injection developing 200bhp with decent economy and runs smoothly. What's old tech about that?

Finally, the car looks twice as good as my 335d did and costs just half as much.

5 minutes ago, MartinT said:

I don't really understand comments like archaic or low technology. Coming from BMW 540i, 530d and 335d Coupe, I find the BRZ cabin just as comfortable and the seats by far the best of any car I've driven.

Technology? An NA 2.0 petrol with port and rail fuel injection developing 200bhp with decent economy and runs smoothly. What's old tech about that?

Finally, the car looks twice as good as my 335d did and costs just half as much.

You forgot the 20 year old gearbox, the D4S Injection isn't particularly new technology either. Oh and the 70 year old MacPherson strut design for the suspension :lol:

If you're going to argue that the interior of an 86/BRZ is as nice as a same generation BMW or VAG equivalent. Then you're quite frankly being obtuse. 

I'm not saying the 86/BRZ is tied, I have 2 of them so it'd be contradictory for me to do so. However it's biggest short comings are the interior and it's ability to be used as a daily driver vs something like a Golf GTI. 

How old is the BMW 6 cylinder engine? They still use it because it's a superb design, age has nothing to do with it.

I ran all three BMWs for high mileage and I have great respect for them. They are good at what they do, but they distance you from the driving experience. Oh, and they're not particularly reliable, either.

I had a BMW 850ci 5ltr V12 loved it and still regret selling it but I hated the amount of bloody electronics on it, the 86 was a breath of fresh air compared. As for comfort there's no complaints from me, I find it a great driving position and love the seats. But each to there own really.

I know the gti has a is better inside and am not too fuss about it. Its just am stuck btween two of them and i was ment to say the mk6 and not the mk7. Coz am looking at 16k to spend

3 minutes ago, GT86FTW said:

So for 16k what is the better choice

Sorry buddy but only you will know what you want ,what you really really want.

See if anyone on here lives near you and will take you for a spin

Oh boy,
This is a GT86 forum what do you think the answer is going to be?
Ask this queation on pistonheads or such like if you want an unbiased opinion.

But since you are asking... buy a GT86, it's better because I said so