Simon86

Burning smell when stationary

So I noticed a wet oil patch around this area and what looks like an oil trail on the exhaust at the back of the engine. 

What is is this part called and will it be covered under warranty? If not might have to break out the AA warranty. Had an engine rebuild a year ago and had done 20,000+ miles 

8DA35898-1CFE-417A-9746-F7F7D760260D.jpeg

F854473B-1712-4EE1-8963-48353ED2AE0C.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Varelco said:

The old cam cover oil plate leak. A common issue. Yeah it will be covered by warranty. There are better quality aftermarket options out there for it too.

Thank you for your reply. I’m going to book it in as I’m still under warranty 

6 hours ago, Simon86 said:

Will this get much worse or will it be just a dripping issue 

It should just drip. But best to get it sorted when you can as the manifold is below and oil dripping onto the manifold is always going to be a bit dodgy! 

Torqen in the traders section had an uprated cam plate they offer for a decent price so maybe worth getting one of those fitted which should solve the problem permanently. 

That's not the camplate. This is a blanking plate where the vacuum pump for the auto is supposed to be. It's at the back of the engine on the driver's side if I am not wrong? 

12 minutes ago, vanko25 said:

That's not the camplate. This is a blanking plate where the vacuum pump for the auto is supposed to be. It's at the back of the engine on the driver's side if I am not wrong? 

That's the one but it does always seem to be referred to as the cam plate?