Samsss

TD Catback exhaust group Buy?

@sam534 - personally i'd run a resonated CAT back, leave the second CAT fitted, and then look at a manifold instead. It'll drive much better and remove the torque dip for you.

Those have a nice volume to them and plenty of our customers are getting on trackdays across the country without issue :)

Mike

[mention=2794]sam534[/mention] - personally i'd run a resonated CAT back, leave the second CAT fitted, and then look at a manifold instead. It'll drive much better and remove the torque dip for you.

Those have a nice volume to them and plenty of our customers are getting on trackdays across the country without issue

Mike
I appreciate those benefits Mike and really do want your NA kit but unfortunately my income isn't lucrative enough.

I wanted a bit more life from the exhaust note more than anything at the moment.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

@sam534 - in which case i'd look at a resonated CAT Back and look towards a tuning package at a later date instead?

Losing the second CAT and then ending up on a manifold (like a lot of people do!) will get quite loud, especially with a non res system.

Mike

[mention=2794]sam534[/mention] - in which case i'd look at a resonated CAT Back and look towards a tuning package at a later date instead?

Losing the second CAT and then ending up on a manifold (like a lot of people do!) will get quite loud, especially with a non res system.

Mike
It can always go back in, I currently already have a blitz decat pipe which isn't on the car, was underwhelmed with the change in exhaust note by itself. Can you give me rough dB numbers for the non-res exhaust? Does it drone much?

[mention=2794]sam534[/mention] i've no Db readings for that i'm afraid, the drone isn't too bad considering it is non res. I much prefer the resonated system however personally.

Mike
Thanks Mike!

9 minutes ago, br0wny said:

Mike, You're making me question whether a non-res is the right option now haha! 

Dan you said you were not touching the manifold/second cat and in which case it'll be absolutely fine :) 

Mike

8 minutes ago, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

Dan you said you were not touching the manifold/second cat and in which case it'll be absolutely fine :) 

Mike

I will be towards the end of the year in which I was thinking about buying a resonated midpipe from you at the same time.

That way I can enjoy a bit more noise from the non-res over summer before I get the N/A package :D

I will be towards the end of the year in which I was thinking about buying a resonated midpipe from you at the same time.
That way I can enjoy a bit more noise from the non-res over summer before I get the N/A package 
Browny, how do you rate the noise/volume of the non res?

On 29/01/2018 at 1:46 PM, Samsss said:

Hi guys just wondering if anyone would be interested in a TD catback exhaust group Buy. As there are a few people in the local Midlands 86 chat wanting them as far as I could tell ( including me).

Just wondering what interest there is, so maybe we can get a little cheeky discount emoji6.png

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There's a Midlands 86 chat? I feel excluded :(

Group buy details:

Resonated CAT Back:

RRP: £576.00

5 of: £546.00

10 of: £499.00

Non-Resonated CAT Back:

RRP: £480.00

5 of: £456.00

10 of: £438.00

We'll allow a mix between the two systems, ie 6 resonated & 4 non-resonated we'll do the price for 10 of. What we'll also do is for those that are interested, we'll put aside a Saturday and can install all systems at the workshop for you FOC :) People can have a natter to us, have a nosy round and we'll have our car here too if people want passenger rides and so forth :) 

We'll need some deposits in order to start making the run of systems, £99.00 with the balance on the day.

Names below!

Thanks

Mike

Group buy details:

Resonated CAT Back:

Non-Resonated CAT Back:

We'll allow a mix between the two systems, ie 6 resonated & 4 non-resonated we'll do the price for 10 of. What we'll also do is for those that are interested, we'll put aside a Saturday and can install all systems at the workshop for you FOC  People can have a natter to us, have a nosy round and we'll have our car here too if people want passenger rides and so forth  

We'll need some deposits in order to start making the run of systems, £99.00 with the balance on the day.

Names below!

Thanks

Mike

Sweet! Put me down for a resonated system please, have you got a pay pal or anything for the deposits?

4 hours ago, sam534 said:

Mike, what would be the expected volume for a non res cat back and then a second decat pipe on top of that?

Thanks Mike, I thought it may be so, really appreciate it anyway.

1 hour ago, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

Group buy details:

Resonated CAT Back:

Non-Resonated CAT Back:

We'll allow a mix between the two systems, ie 6 resonated & 4 non-resonated we'll do the price for 10 of. What we'll also do is for those that are interested, we'll put aside a Saturday and can install all systems at the workshop for you FOC :) People can have a natter to us, have a nosy round and we'll have our car here too if people want passenger rides and so forth :) 

Names below!

Thanks

Mike

That's brilliant. I'd definitely be down for the Resonated

31 minutes ago, knightryder said:

I'm assuming that is a fitted price? What would the cost be for delivered system elsewhere?

We're doing fitting FOC correct. Mainland UK shipping would be £14.99 :) 

Mike

What the pipe diameter? I need to flow enough for 350 bhp. Hks mani plus front pipe with a cat with your res system should be under 100db?

If it's any help, I run a TD EL manifold, with a resonated system and no cats. Static noise test at 5500rpm was 94Db last Saturday. That's the loudest reading I've had. Obviously it easily passes for all track except Bedford (which I'm not bothered about) and Thruxton which is a shame.