Lowe

Squeaky windows

Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed my windows (drivers especially) getting really squeaky. I've also noticed two lines appearing on the glass when wet. Is this the onset of the dreaded window runner issue? :o 

Mine was at toyota for this reason. They said there is nothing wrong with the seals. Never had it on my previous GT (63). Don't really know what to do if Toyota have said its fine 😝

this might be of use. There was also subaru TSB, but too lazy to search.

To me biggest issue is not squeeking though, but potential of scratching window with worn stabilizers (well, actually already scratched :( ). And for that it's better to replace while there still is warranty, as replacing window otherwise might be too costly. (i missed end of warranty, thus decided to live with scratches). Supposedly it's common fault to many cars with frameless windows.

2 hours ago, Loutou said:

Mine was at toyota for this reason. They said there is nothing wrong with the seals. Never had it on my previous GT (63). Don't really know what to do if Toyota have said its fine 😝

If they have said its fine it most probably isn't 🙄

Cleaner windows where stabilizator rollers go are not exactly issue in my book. Notceable scratches there are, where in your pic frontmost line in upper part. To me those were easiest to see during daylight, when sun light going through those scratches & reflected differently.

On 18/01/2018 at 9:36 AM, rob275 said:

Yes, take it down the garagw before you get dreadful scratches which cost £800 a side

:o That's worrying. As mine already has scratches. But I noticed after buying the car both window seals seem to have been forced like someone has tried to break in.