Chappers

Supercharged Auto

Long overdue post here, I actually got this car on 28th October, bought from Special K. Unfortunately there were a couple of issues and the car had to go back to Fensport to be sorted, I went away on business and then by the time I got the car back I couldn't find time to take pictures or post about it.

Quick spec list:

Vehicle is a 2012 Auto
HKS Supercharged, fully forged engine build
250whp or thereabouts, about 300bhp at the engine.
Milltek full system
TEIN Street Flex 6kg Rear / 5kg Front with EDFC
Summit rear arms
Summit braces all round
Stoptech BBK all round
Custom transmission cooler
SSP uprated torque converter

Some of you will remember the car. When I test drove it, it looked like this:

...then I got busy.

First, the spoiler and bootlid were removed, with the standard put back on. I then removed the CF bonnet too, leaving a car with the full set of silver stripes across it which made it look a lot more obvious than before. I fitted some Valenti light's I'd bought and I then put the set of standard wheels on because they had some winter tyres fitted, leaving the car looking like this:

Next to go, therefore, were the stripes which was much more of a pain than I imagined. The ones on the boot and bonnet were OKish, taking about an hour total for the boot, and another for the bonnet because I did it last and had got the technique by then. The roof was another story altogether; five years of sun and cold and various things that make vinyl go off had taken their toll and it came off in about a thousand tiny bits. I think it took around 2 hours each side. Once they were all off, they'd left a line of glue all the way round so I called a mate to ask for advice, one thing left to another and 4 hours later we made some progress:

after that, and a bit more adjustment to the bonnet I finally had the car where I'd like it to be right now. Full-on sleeper mode.

Quite happy with it at the moment. I changed the TEIN Springs to 5kg on the front from 6kg. So far I've just driven to work but the turn in already feels better and the ride is also improved somewhat.

Not really sure what I'll do next. I think pick a new set of wheels for summer and perhaps de-spoiler, just need to find a bodyshop to fill the holes in the bootlid if I do. Probably some trackdays.

Hope you like it, I'm going to be here for a while!

Cheers.

Like it. Hope you like the sharper handling of the 5kg springs up front. You now have the 'Lauren spring rate'. ;) Less understeer (well pretty much none at all) I find. :)