MeisterR

MeisterR ClubRace Coilovers: Affordable Track Focused Suspension

We have been working on an "affordable" track focused setup for the GT86 platform, and it is here...  MeisterR ClubRace Coilovers.
This is our first production batch so I want to get some opinion on what members think and if it is something you want MeisterR to continue offering.

MC89CR1.jpg

MC89CR2.jpg

The ClubRace has 8kg/mm front and rear springs.  

A new extended rear top mount ensure correct ride height adjustment as well as plenty compression travel.

Dampers are adjustable mono-tube damper with valving paired to the springs rate. 
Critical damping is right at the top and most driver will be within the top 5 clicks on track.

These are design for performance using high grip tires such as Toyo R888 / Advan A048 / etc.

Let me know what you think, let me know any questions you may have.
I want to hear what the community think on "budget friendly" track setup such as the ClubRace.

Jerrick

As many (if not most) twin owners that track theirs, also use them daily driving, any comments how these fare comfort wise? Of course, everything is compromise and something probably have been sacrificed compared to "normal coilovers", but imho that may also interest potential buyers, as to how much harsher that harsh is :)

I don't have these myself but have zeta pros iirc but I am running 8k spring rates front and rear and I daily my car and find them brilliant, they are pretty stiff but that doesn't bother me as it's what I wanted plus I haven't really played around with softening/hardening the damping settings yet, I've been running my set up for a year now and i still love how well they ride and how the car feels and handles so can imagine this new set up will be brilliant aswell. 

1 hour ago, Church said:

As many (if not most) twin owners that track theirs, also use them daily driving, any comments how these fare comfort wise? Of course, everything is compromise and something probably have been sacrificed compared to "normal coilovers", but imho that may also interest potential buyers, as to how much harsher that harsh is :)

With 8kg/mm front and rear springs, it isn't going to be soft.
Compare to the ZetaCRD+ 5kg/mm front and rear springs,  it is going to be stiffer over small imperfection.

But an advantage of the 8kg/mm springs along with the extended top hat is that you get more compression travel.
This keep the rear suspension from bottoming out (something that happen even with OEM suspension), and can actually lead to a better ride.

So how comfortable they will be will greatly depend on the road surfaces as well as driver tolerance.
Even the 5kg/mm ZetaCRD setup have prove to work well on track.
The ClubRace 8kg/mm are designed reduce body motion and make use to sticky compound tyres such as Toyo R888 / Nankang AR1 / etc.

22 minutes ago, maurice said:

What testing and R&D has been done on the clubrace coilovers? 

Specifically on the GT86 chassis, not that much yet.
As I have said, this is the first production batch of the ClubRace.

The ClubRace is basically the ZetaCRD+ with the specification push up (both springs rate and damper valving) in order to take advantage of sticker tyre compound.
So while the ClubRace specs have not had a lot of feedback, the ZetaCRD+ is a tried and tested setup.

Jerrick

Has anyone tried these yet/have they been through any more testing with the 86? Somewhat interested but not really looking to throw 900 quid at something without any proper feedback/testing on our chassis.