Rob_86

Robs batmobile progress

Hi
So back in March I made the best decision and bought a gt86. Bought it for £14,000 with 24,000 miles on the clock. Didn't take me long to decide I wanted it, made the deal and part ex my slow 1.2 corsa ha.

Out with the slow and in with the beast

20140730_180033.jpg

20170513_130642.jpg

20170213_172420_zps9jnzb1p2.jpg

After keeping it standard for a few months and fighting off the mod cravings I finally caved in a bought a hks panel filter (may be small but it's a start)

So as of today 24/11/17 the car is standard about from the hks panel filter. Not sure how much longer it will stay standard for the mod cravings are taking over lol.

FUTURE plans
Uel header - tomei/cobra/tuning development still undecided.
Remap.
Full exhaust - hks legamax or supersprint system.
Teins coilovers.
Rata grid alloys.
Full aero bodykit. 

Snapchat-1985611263.jpg

20170512_170331.jpg

18/12/2017

Drove back up to Yorkshire today for Christmas and realised that I pass tuning developments so decided to call in today. Had a good talk to Mike about there n/a performance package and alloy wheel fitment. Highly tempted to go for the tuning package over the holidays as Mike would be able to fit me before go back down south.
Loved the shop think it will be regular stop on off on my way back up north.

So after visiting tuning developments and speaking to Mike, he recommended upgrading the drop links when installing coilovers, due to chances of the stock ones breaking when installing coilovers. 
I decided yo get myself a set of adjustable drop links from TD which arrived today. 

15137882647011002472242.jpg

21/12/2017

so today I made the decision to book into tuning developments for their n/a performance package. I've gone for the uel headers as I'm wanting the Scrooby rumble, also gone for the mtec uprated shifter spring and powerflex mount after Mike recommended them. Booked in for December the 29th which can't come soon enough.

Toyota GT86 Subaru BRZ NA EL Manifold Tuning Package.jpg

Great choice, had mine done today. @Paulis right about the difference, it feels like a much bigger performance gain than the 20bhp peak power increase suggests. 25% more torque at 4k rpm is just huge.

And those shift springs will blow you away.

So having some problems trying to fit my coilovers, the 2 19mm bolts on the strut don't wanna move at all, and the 17mm on the drop link just spins, any one got any recommendations,  or know how much a garage would charge to fit them. Would preferably like to do it myself. 

Yes you need to put the tightest fitting Allen key in them and spray them with WD40 or similar and then undo them can't see why the bolts that hold the strut on are that tight unless you are using lightweight tools I took about a couple of hours to swap my suspension and that was without a ramp

35 minutes ago, nikndel said:

I notice you are using TD for stuff might be best to let them do it plus do your Teins use your OEM top mounts?

Gonna give it another on Tuesday, if not I think I'll getting In touch with td see how much they charge and if they can do it at alongside the n/a performance tune. Yeah they use the original top mounts

On 21/12/2017 at 5:14 PM, Rob_86 said:

So after visiting tuning developments and speaking to Mike, he recommended upgrading the drop links when installing coilovers, due to chances of the stock ones breaking when installing coilovers. 
I decided yo get myself a set of adjustable drop links from TD which arrived today. 

15137882647011002472242.jpg

Have you got a link for those? Thanks. 

So its been a while since i last updated my progres. couple of updates to be made.

1) on the 29th of january i took my car to Tuning developments to get the UEL N/A package instaled. first word that comes to mine is WOW. the install makes a massive differance the car and how it drives.completly gets rid of the torque dip, the car just wants to go all the time.(see dyno) If anyone is unsure weather or not to get the package i say do it. Even if your not a tuner id still do get. i believe this is how the car should have come from the factory. While i was i got the Mtec shifter spring fitted, again makes a massive differance, the gear  changes feel alot more postive._20180226_193838.thumb.JPG.1cd008b13a60fa175561a74a1305bb7c.JPG

i also got my tein coilovers fitted, havent gone for a massive drop, going to lower it a bit more when i get the chance. does sit better now, the back doesnt sit so high. always hated how high it looked. next purchase will be some 18" alloy wheels, thinking of getting some rotas or xxr 527, wanting something thats gonna fill the arches.

Before teins fittedDSC_0174.thumb.JPG.8428c16eced90c5cdf60bdd8b13d4907.JPG

After teins fitted

20180102_151046.thumb.jpg.743cffdccc510c5f1c6c159162fb5a34.jpg

Can still go alot lower, just need to find the time to adjust.

Finally found a good weekend a gave her a good clean, shes lookijng good now._20180226_192951.thumb.JPG.7c9821c2951c46a6196c35c1ead20a71.JPG

Future plans

1) looking at getting a set of 18" alloy wheels,not to sure on the colour possiably matt bronze.

2)Would really like to get the Aero kit on but it seems to be next to impossiable to find.

3) Catback exaust system, got 3 options im thinking of, either the HKS legamax, Supersprint system, or Tuning developments system.

4) Looking at a big brake conversion. maybe the Ksport set up from TD

5) the dream to get the turbo install from TD but this will be some time. need to invest in a house first.

10 minutes ago, Lauren said:

3) Tuning developments resonated system. 

4) Go a bit extra and get the AP Racing 4 pot setup from Reyland. 

Will have to go to a few meets before I make my mind up on exhausts, listened to a few on YouTube,  but you can't really get the true sound from that.

as for brakes, don't want a overally expensive set up as I won't be tracking Mt 86, just looking for a fast Road set up. Something for those winedy country roads.

Just now, Rob_86 said:

Will have to go to a few meets before I make my mind up on exhausts, listened to a few on YouTube,  but you can't really get the true sound from that.

as for brakes, don't want a overally expensive set up as I won't be tracking Mt 86, just looking for a fast Road set up. Something for those winedy country roads.

The TD setup I have sounds good I think. Your choice of course. 

Might as well just stick with aftermarket pads. No real point changing the front calipers if you're not going on track or going FI.

3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

The TD setup I have sounds good I think. Your choice of course. 

Might as well just stick with aftermarket pads. No real point changing the front calipers if you're not going on track or going FI.

I have heard good things about the Td exhaust, love their work on the N/A package so will definitely be keeping them in mind, gonna hold out till I've heard a few in person.

Is there a pads a disc setup that you recommend?