TommyC

Popping to the shops today - Expectation vs Reality

There is one possible situation where it's better to not persist too much (imho not the case in this video). - If you can dig by spinning tires too much in snow/ground and make it land on belly. Even worse if in deep snow and when it's a bit below water freezing temperature a bit, as snow can thaw from spinning resultlessly, and then freeze below wheels and below car underbelly, making it much harder to get out later on (had this happened first winter when i had shitty tires on mine).

Luckily good winter tires let one get going without much drama/spinning wheels, so with grip of them it never gets to that stage. One of many reasons, i advocate proper winter tires wherever one actually get snow/ice in winter. It might be difference of just going whenever one needs to go, no matter what snow/ice around, or trying to spin out of parked spot for half an hour, then dig snow/ice from car and beneath it, then looking for someone to help pull out, and arrive 2hours late. :/

First winter with the car and what a winter it's turned out to be eh? Honestly, since putting Nokian WR A3s on I've had troubles losing traction (unless I want to), double with the snow. Winter tyres really are the way to go if you want to drive this car in this kind of weather. Been perfectly fine with them on, not got stuck once in the 3 days we've had heavy snow!