Tsarlz

Resonated Catback, want it to be louder! - Suggestions?

Hey all,

I've spent a decent amount of time searching on the forums, and I know this is somewhat subjective but hear me out.

I have a resonated milltek system on my 86 (put on by previous owner) which sounds great at the moment, although I'd like it a bit louder and have been advised that a frontpipe is the way to go to lose the secondary cat.

I am really trying to avoid the raspy end of "loud" and more the grumbley roar kind of end.

I've had a suggestion to simply get an exhaust shop to fabricate a front pipe rather than buy a branded one, but wanted to know people's thoughts? Does anyone have a resonated milltek who's done something similar?

Thanks in advance!

Lose the second cat. It still won't be that loud with a resonated system, but it will increase the volume a bit. I used to run a Milltek non-res and lost the second cat, it was louder but nothing that bad. I actually have a Milltek cat delete pipe in my shed. Your's for a £100 if you want it. 

If you really want to up the ante get a manifold and lose the primary cat. 

On 04/12/2017 at 7:23 PM, Lauren said:

Lose the second cat. It still won't be that loud with a resonated system, but it will increase the volume a bit. I used to run a Milltek non-res and lost the second cat, it was louder but nothing that bad. I actually have a Milltek cat delete pipe in my shed. Your's for a £100 if you want it. 

If you really want to up the ante get a manifold and lose the primary cat. 

Hi Lauren,

Thank's for the advice, the milltek ones i've seen online look like they have a silencer on them (although I may be wrong)!

Also, you're quite far away from me, what would you charge to post (if at all)

Thanks, Elliott

I had a res catback on mine for a year then went with a manifold and one cat delete this brought up the noise by about 25% in my estimation. It also has other benefits and would be my recommendation.

3 hours ago, Tsarlz said:

Hi Lauren,

Thank's for the advice, the milltek ones i've seen online look like they have a silencer on them (although I may be wrong)!

Also, you're quite far away from me, what would you charge to post (if at all)

Thanks, Elliott

It's just a resonator, not really a silencer as such. It may do something, but not a lot!

I could ship it, but obviously you'd have to pay for that. Given I'm only an hour and a half way, I'd drive over and pick it up if I was you. It's an awkward thing to post, but I guess it can be done.