GraemeI

Wheel Advice

@GraemeI RAYS have got back to me, unfortunately they didn't have weights of everything.

ZE40     17x7.5       6.8kg

CE28SL   17x7.5   6.7kg

CE28N   17x7.5  6.5kg

TE37SL 17x8.5   7.5kg

CE28N is LIGHTER then CE28SL? :/ - there is no mistake?

IIRC CE28N was "base model", and "-SL" stands for "super lap" lightened ones with some extra material removed from where it's not critical and doesn't affect rigidity too much? At least it was this way for "normal" TE37 vs TE37SL, so i expected this from CE28SL to be same way.

Imho it might be possible this way if it's about 8-spoke (known to be lighter) 4-bolt PCD (like for Miata) CE28N versions, that might be lighter then 10-spoke 5-bolt PCD CE28SL though. But if that's the case, then these weights are certainly not apples to apples. Different widths/offsets/types of "faces" can affect weight too. If it's not for 1:1 size & PCD, it's like comparing performance numbers for cars dynoed at different dynos.

P.S. If one is OK with red only paint choice,  there should be better priced "CR" version of CE28. So called "Club Racer" or "Scholarship" type.

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

That's the problem, getting Rays in 8" widths, they don't seem to do them anymore. 

Have a look here, just click on 'English'. 

http://rayswheels.co.jp

Yep - they only seem to have the CE28N in 17x8 in 'Competition Use Size' :) 

All others are 8.5" or 9", which just get heavier!

11 hours ago, Church said:

Graemel: bronze will go well with blue car, congrats

Thank you :) 

Not sure I will keep them bronze as I am not a huge fan of the shiny outer rim, but will get them properly cleaned up before I decide :)