Sign in to follow this  
VAD17

Castle Combe Action Days 2018

Castle Combe circuit revealed the dates for 2018 action days

https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/news/castle-combe-revs-up-for-2018-action-days/

and they have an offer of 2 tickets + 1 track session (15 mins) for £45

https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/offers/action-day-ticket-track-session/

Here is the list of selected events:

1) Spring Action Day - Saturday, 7th April

Acting as a ‘season opener’ for many car enthusiasts, Spring Action Day returns on Saturday 7th of April to set the tone for another electrifying year of motoring shows. Focusing on performance cars both old and new, be sure not to miss this kick-start to 2018!

2) JDM Combe - Saturday, 2nd June

Another event that returns for a second year is JDMCombe, which this time around will be held on Saturday 2nd June. From Honda Civics to Nissan Skylines, if it’s Japanese you’ll probably find it here! Huge drifting displays and themed show car stands are some of the highlights of this spectacular event.

3) Summer Action Festival - Saturday, 7th July

Summer Action Festival will take to the circuit on Saturday 7th July – the all-action bonanza celebrating cars of all ages, all makes and all models! With specific areas for classic, kit, performance and modified cars, you’d be hard-pressed finding a more eclectic mix of vehicles than here.

4) Forge Action Day - Saturday, 8th September

Finishing the year’s string of multi-marque events in style is Forge Action Day – set to be held on Saturday 8th September. Here, performance cars are put in the spotlight with high-speed track demonstrations and a huge trade village offering up car parts bargains.

Would be nice to have a club stand and see a decent turnout next time :) (proud grey GT86 & awesome blue BRZ were the only representatives at 2017 Forge Day)

And may be a track day:

https://castlecombecircuit.co.uk/car-track-days/

(I will aim for April or May if I get enough practice on simpler circuits before then...)

I'm very interested in the action days, there's usually a range of things going on with the chance to go on track. It would be good to get a group of cars on stand at a few of them as they got a lot of interest last time. I've attached a pic below of them both.

My car went out on their 'Supercar Saturday' doing fast laps for stroke victims and went well however it won't be out on a action day as I don't trust some of the people action days attract. They usually have a fast car and no skill, or just rely on their electronics to get them round! 

IMG_9655.JPG

Some of that track behavior is shocking :blink: At one point, 3 abreast round a corner. I'm shocked there was no car to car contact in any of those clips. None of that would be allowed on a normal trackday. I wonder how many are showing off due to the crowds too.

On 04/11/2017 at 12:19 PM, Sighe98 said:

I'm very interested in the action days, there's usually a range of things going on with the chance to go on track. It would be good to get a group of cars on stand at a few of them as they got a lot of interest last time. I've attached a pic below of them both.

My car went out on their 'Supercar Saturday' doing fast laps for stroke victims and went well however it won't be out on a action day as I don't trust some of the people action days attract. They usually have a fast car and no skill, or just rely on their electronics to get them round! 

IMG_9655.JPG

Saw yours there last time.  Two almost brand new ones caught my eye :-)

I always go with my mates club in mine. Only spectate though

Would anyone be interested in going to JDM Combe on June 2nd or Summer Action Festival on July 7th?

If there are few of us I can add to the calendar of social events and ask for a club space

11 hours ago, VAD17 said:

Bump

Anyone else?

Come on its summertime...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've just tried to book a stand as me and another 2 cars are looking and why not have our own? They are currently fully booked and will announce more information on the 5th of Feb. As I am not a club secretary my email was deleted and it could be difficult to register us. Perhaps the club could look into booking for us if I run into difficulty booking on my own on behalf of the club?

Hopefully they have space and on the 5th and I will register us. Including yourself we'll have 4 cars so an improvement on last time aha!

Anyone going this Saturday? Il be there in mine but not on track. 
 Could be tempted by summer and jdm days also as it' always a good day out.
Not this Saturday, but definitely JDM in June!
Already booked and added to the calendar

4 hours ago, VAD17 said:

Not this Saturday, but definitely JDM in June!
Already booked and added to the calendar emoji6.png

Just seen your other topics. Will check the work and social calender and will see if I can make it.