Sign in to follow this  
Leeky

Brembo alternative to OEM Brake Pads

Hey guys n gals

Anyone ever tried the Brembo brake pads available for the 86? Search didnt bring back any threads.

I’ve used these on a number of vehicles in the past and found them to vary somewhere between OEM to a fast road equivalent. Also they cost about 1/4 of the genuine Toyota pad price.

Fronts are part no P78013 - Thickness [mm]: 16,4, Width [mm]: 137,1 & Height [mm]: 56,8

but there appears to be two rear options floating around and I cant seem to confirm which would be correct. Anyone able to confirm for me please?

P78020 - Thickness [mm]: 14,7, Width [mm]: 110,4 & Height [mm]: 37,3

P78018 -Thickness [mm]: 16, Width [mm]: 110,6 & Height [mm]: 39,5

On 10/22/2017 at 10:12 AM, Leeky said:

Hey guys n gals

Anyone ever tried the Brembo brake pads available for the 86? Search didnt bring back any threads.

I’ve used these on a number of vehicles in the past and found them to vary somewhere between OEM to a fast road equivalent. Also they cost about 1/4 of the genuine Toyota pad price.

Fronts are part no P78013 - Thickness [mm]: 16,4, Width [mm]: 137,1 & Height [mm]: 56,8

but there appears to be two rear options floating around and I cant seem to confirm which would be correct. Anyone able to confirm for me please?

P78020 - Thickness [mm]: 14,7, Width [mm]: 110,4 & Height [mm]: 37,3

P78018 -Thickness [mm]: 16, Width [mm]: 110,6 & Height [mm]: 39,5

Hi mate, did you ever try these brembo pads? thinking of getting some tomorrow and also in confusion with the rear sizes. The guy at ECP went away and checked on a different system and came back saying i need the bigger ones but has ordered both in just in case haha! 

I got brembo pads on mine at the moment. Can't say I notice a difference from OEM, although I've never tracked them. They still squeek at random...

The two different rears are for the vented and unvented discs. You should have vented and need the thinner pads (I believe).