Sign in to follow this  
Devo

How to import bodykit from US.

Hi, Wondering if anyone had any experience shipping and importing parts from US and what are the best and cheapest ways of doing so. I am interested in STI replica lip kit by Bayson R which is priced around $270. Seems to have great reviews all over ft86 forum and the fitment is suppose to be spot on. COMB0-D-SUBRZ126A5A5A-2.jpg

If anyone wants to arrange a group buy and sort out logistics then that would be amazing.

I actually recently bought a body kit from Bayson R (2 weeks ago). It took about 7 days to arrive at my door from when I ordered which I was surprised about. I think they delivered it via USPS international priority shipping. This was all handled via Ebay, I just purchased it as normal and they shipped it. Shipping charges were included in the Ebay price.

Once it reached the UK and it goes through customs. You HAVE to pay tax on it before they release it. They will contact you via letter. Because I expected this to happen and I was tracking it, when it reached customs I called them and payed for it via the phone. Parcelforce then delivered it the next day. Amazing service.

To give you an idea on cost it was as follows: (Prices are not 100% accurate but very close)

Bodykit: £270

Shipping: £180

Import tax: £85

So I payed £450 on Ebay then £85 when it came to UK customs. Hopefully this gives you an idea of the process and costs.

Currently talking to HZ Performance which seem to think that they might have the same bodykit in stock, just waiting for confirmation and detailed photos.

DSC04250-362x362.jpg 

The HT Autos has simillar front lip but the sides and rear are just simple plastic extension pieces that bolt under the car. I like the other kit because it slight goes over the cars body making it almost a bodykit not just little extension pieces. 

Anyone up for group buy?

32 minutes ago, scoobyc said:

I'm considering the kit too so if you get prices for a group buy let me know, thanks scott.

Hz performance so far quoted me £339 for the whole kit delivered within UK. I think if we had at least 10 people I could easily negotiate 10-20% off. 

Currently talking to HZ Performance which seem to think that they might have the same bodykit in stock, just waiting for confirmation and detailed photos.

DSC04250-362x362.jpg 
The HT Autos has simillar front lip but the sides and rear are just simple plastic extension pieces that bolt under the car. I like the other kit because it slight goes over the cars body making it almost a bodykit not just little extension pieces. 

Anyone up for group buy?

They look good. Mine going body shop next month. Depends on £££.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk