Sign in to follow this  
KAS

On the hunt!

Hey, I've just signed up to the forum.

Been following the 86 since it was a concept on Gran Tourismo, still have Toyota brochures from 2012! I was waiting for a "sti" turbo model to come out but that's never gonna happen, so here I am

I've been on the hunt for about a month since my old diesel dog daily started playing up.

Im pretty fussy, I'm after a clean, low miles, 3 year old, 1 owner, 86, with a fully black interior. If you know of one please let me know!

Depending on what I pay for the car, depends on how soon I can make my first mods.

I'll be replacing the standard spoiler with the Japanese TRD version immediately haha. Depending on the colour, I'll be plasti-dipping or wrapping it to something more my taste. And the last things I'd do while in warranty, is unequal mani, panel filter, remap.

Maybe headunit and speaker/sub upgrade too.

Long term plans would be a turbo conversion and wheels. And then just enjoy the car for what it is

Can't wait !

Cheers!

I'm actually finding there's loads on autotrader with the boudior colors lol

Struggling big time to find a 2014-15 plate with black Alcantara interior only 2 or 3 have popped up on Autotrader.  But there's loads of them 2012-2013. Wierd. 

1 hour ago, KAS said:

Struggling big time to find a 2014-15 plate with black Alcantara interior only 2 or 3 have popped up on Autotrader.  But there's loads of them 2012-2013. Wierd. 

That will be because full leather wasn't an option till around March 2013. 

Ahhh I see!

I've missed out on a couple of nice ones.

Couple more viewings this weekend so fingers crossed.

Still have a month of insurance left on the daily so not gonna rush into anything!

Guest 86guns

Don’t stick too tightly to your “one previous owner” rule. I bought a 2015 model earlier this year with 3 previous owners but only 10,000 miles. I contacted the previous owner who said she just didn’t like the car so only kept it 1 month.

Congratulations, looking good!

I have had mine for 10 days and already have a TRD style spoiler in the spare room but sadly my insurance doesnt run out for nearly 11 months so plenty of time to get all my mods planned.

Thanks guys!

The drive through the Scottish countryside was nice and the only snow was on the hills luckily.

I'm not gonna lie, I was still far too scared to drive it hard in case I spun off - I think I saw the redline twice in 4 hours which is totally not like me

Not sure if the new (odd budget) front tyre was causing problems, because it was tracking to the same (left) side at motorway speeds.

Will fit a couple new potenzas (bin the budget tyre and keep the other potenza as spare) and hope that fixes it. If not, then a visit to RRG Mac for alignment will be done next week.

It's a toyota approved car and this stuff should've been checked, so I'm not entirely happy right now. I'll be smiling when she's right.

I'm used to dirty black cars, this is my side chick

d90d06270e1cfc0c6d7ed4225c10c5a3.jpg

Worth getting all that checked out. It's frustrating when dealers or people fit odd budget tyres to a car just before selling and a shame really. Hope you get it sorted so you can enjoy it fully. Richard at RRG Macc can do a good deal on Yoko V105's if you fancy trying them. It's a very popular tyre for the car and I like them a lot having had four or five sets now. :)

I had the front wheels rebalanced and swapped round and the tracking seems to have sorted itself out. Unless the larger diameter tyre is correcting the tracking by being on the other side now

Either way I'm gonna look for some 17s and winter tyres instead now. The A34 roundabouts were pretty slippy last night!

Oh ignited, I forgot to say get that spoiler fitted or sell it to me

Some insurers allow you to make non performance mods and don't charge any admin fee. That's the case with direct line, so I'd double check with your insurers just in case. I don't think I could wait that long

Just thought it worth mentioning that winter tyres won't improve things unless it's 2C or less IME and will make things worse when the temperature is anywhere near double figures. Depends where you live of course. If you're up in the hills I can see where they'd be a benefit, but in a mild place like Manchester where I am on the Cheshire Plains, winter tyres are more of a liability more of the time. Decent tyres with a good tread depth are a better option I have found after running winters for two years. 

Jeff reckons the Nokians work better in higher temperatures. Not tried them myself. 

Ha, only just got the spoiler!

I had a chat about the current rear spoiler with the insurer (who insured me on my last car as totally standard) and they said I had to check it was a standard one as otherwise it may invalidate the insurance!

Its a shame but gives me time to decide if I want a bodykit too and if so, get them all sprayed together.

I am sure if I had declared a different spoiler at renewal time it would have made no difference but mid term its a different story!

I live in Withington in south manc, Lauren, so it's pretty mild round here haha. But I do venture up to the Blackburn area to work on my Punto, and have had some real sketchy drives when there's been snow/sleet/hail up in the hills before I've done the wheel swap. The M66 likes to form small surface lakes too!

My only experience with winter tyres was on my FWD diesel Yaris, and even going from 195, 15" Michelin Sports to 165, 14" winter tyres, I felt more bite from standstill, and better performance in the wet.

Only ever fitted them when the temps were consistently below 7c. That car would plough thru a foot of snow no bother!

You've got me re-thinking my plans now tho so I'm going to read up on the Yoko's you mentioned before

Ignited, I hear what you're saying about the bodykit, makes sense to wait in that case! But if you do change your mind about the TRD spoiler I'm ready to buy and fit asap

Aha so you are local to me then. :) I'm in Heald Green. Richard at RRG Macclesfield gets a good deal on the Yokos so it's worth speaking to him about that. £80 a tyre including VAT makes them good value. :)