jedmondson

Cam plate leak

Had the notorious cam plate leak fixed under warranty at RRG a couple of months ago and it's already leaking again. Has anyone got any longer term experience of after market ones that will hold up better?

Been waiting to see if mine will become a problem as it was apparent on another car I test drove befor buying mine. Couldn't find many aftermarket ones on sale in the uk.

Found this CNC machined plate complete with O-ring and bolts...

https://www.bingabinga.co.uk/solution-billet-cam-plate-red-fits-for-subaru-brz-scion-fr-s-2013.html

but it's far from a trustworthy looking site 😬

Don't think the afermarket plate is worth it though, having read this...

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117116

Is it issue at all, if leak is very slight and not enough oil gets through during change intervals to need any additional oil? In my eyes it's something i wouldn't care about, just some extra dirtyness in place i don't see :)

2 hours ago, Church said:

Is it issue at all, if leak is very slight and not enough oil gets through during change intervals to need any additional oil? In my eyes it's something i wouldn't care about, just some extra dirtyness in place i don't see :)

The car I test drove was dripping straight onto the exhaust! It was quite bad and filled the cabin with a really bad burning smell whenever stopped at junctions/traffic lights etc 😬

I know some situations can warrant a degree of ignorance, but this one really needs to be fixed when it shows up!