willfmair

Rockingham Summer Social Finale / Cars&Coffee Rockingham - GT86 Club Stand!

On 10/8/2017 at 10:23 PM, Cerastes said:

Sounds good. I'm still a maybe at the moment. Depends if I can get the car cleaned in time and how tired I am after work this week. 

Sure! No worries, speaking of cleaning mine is flaunting a full rally spec of cleanliness at the minute :D need to get cleaning it this week 

So the stand has been confirmed,

The marketing team are going to send me a venue map and instructions in the next day or so I will post those up as and when I receive them.

Anyone is still welcome to join :) 

"Display cars - Parade lap included
Following the last event format, we welcome special classics, sports, super and hyper cars. When arriving, display cars will drive through the famous Rockingham tunnel to be welcomed at the front of the paddocks where you will hold a prime spot to exhibit to the public. Between 12.50-1.20pm, all display cars will partake in a special experience to drive in convoy around the International Super Sportscar Circuit."

Do we get to do this as we are displaying our cars? It says on the site you need to pay a tenner to show off your car.

On 10/10/2017 at 8:45 PM, cropzy said:

"Display cars - Parade lap included
Following the last event format, we welcome special classics, sports, super and hyper cars. When arriving, display cars will drive through the famous Rockingham tunnel to be welcomed at the front of the paddocks where you will hold a prime spot to exhibit to the public. Between 12.50-1.20pm, all display cars will partake in a special experience to drive in convoy around the International Super Sportscar Circuit."

Do we get to do this as we are displaying our cars? It says on the site you need to pay a tenner to show off your car.

Hi Cropzy - I *think* that this would just be for the cars that booked in with the Cars and Coffee website, I've confirmed with Rockingham that it will be £5 entry :)

Most recent list below! People still welcome to put their names down until the actual event :) 

Attendance List

1) willfmair

2) zhuonanli (Provisionally)

3) HariboPenguin

4) Minion

5) TTR

6) Cerastes (Provisionally)

7) Samsss

8) Speedhuntermattgt86

9) Mikey P

10) cropzy (Provisionally)

11) SimonB95 (Provisionally) 

12) Gary p 

13) Kyle Robinson

14) Lewisw

15) rob275 (Provisionally)

16) jimmyjimmyjimmy_

Hi guys, I've attached the leaflet below which includes a map of the event (we'll be one of the red bits I believe) 

here is an email from Will in the marketing team;

"We have now created a venue map and general info leaflet which will also be handed out on the day, I have attached to this email for your info. 

The club stands will be located around the queens stone area next to the welcome centre and will be marked out in cones with the club name labelled, its easy to get to – just follow the road straight when you arrive until you get to the welcome centre.

Track time can also be purchased from the welcome centre.
Gates open at 08:30 but please feel free to arrive when you wish, most information you need can be found in the attached leaflet but if you do have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

See you Sunday!"

IMG_7178.PNG

IMG_7179.PNG

IMG_7180.PNG

IMG_7181.PNG

Nice.

I will be attending, sorry I couldn't give an answer until just now, just I work Saturdays and wasn't sure how busy work would be and if I got home in time to clean the car. Just finished cleaning it the best I could with a massive headache. 

I assume when we get there we can just tell someone we are in the GT86 BRZ drivers club and they direct us/let us through 

Edit: I've noticed a typo in there program :lol:

1 hour ago, Gary p said:

All ready for the weekend trying to keep on top of the paintwork 😜 What time is most people going to arrive don't want to be too eager and be the first one there?

I doubt that I was planning to get there around 0900. 

But now I'm not sure as everyone is getting there so late. 

I think I'll be getting there for about 10:00/10:30 (I would be earlier but the girlfriend was not happy when I suggested I wanted to get there for 9!)

I know a few others will be getting there just before 10 and apart from that it's each to their own :) there will be other people there whatever time you get there so should be fine (sorry I feel bad getting there late as the organiser :( )

Sorry guys  for not turning up had to take my little one to Hostpital last night  hope you all have a good time. Keep me posted on other meets ial try and get to them👍

Cracking shots pal. Much better then mine!

Thanks to everyone who turned up. Was nice seeing some friendly faces!

The highlight of the day for me was when driftworks brought on their cars and were drifting. I am still finding bits of rubber in my clothes now!