Sign in to follow this  
Ch1L5t3R

Here she is!

Hey all o/

So the other day i posted in the Newbies posts to say hello to say i was buying a GT86 at the end of the month, well that time is here and i couldn't be happier to say i officially now own a Toyota GT86!

Happy to say its 2013 manual with 32k miles and stunning condition. I unfortunately don't pick it up until tuesday but can now at least say i've driven it, fallen in love already and paid for it! I'm not getting it till tuesday as before i get it my Toyota garage do a 52 point check and will put on 4 brand new tyres, brake pads, put paint protection on it, and check if there is anything else that may need replacing at no cost :)

Can't wait to join you all at the meets and wave at every other GT86 driver i pass o/

Charlie

From Milton Keynes

22199170_10214273141208270_12270413_o.jpg

22091573_10214273141528278_412727549_n.jpg

22155242_10214273141328273_2062439432_n.jpg

22156662_10214273141288272_1194454698_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Wahoo congratulations. I was looking at paint protection too, was thinking about this xpel stuff. There is a dealer right next to my place of work that are an official fitter, will try to find out how much it costs. I suspect a lot as the dealer only sells the most luxurious cars 

Thank you :D Yeah the dealer has given me a slight deal on it but its still costing 400 quid! but they added that to the initial price of the car so its included in my finance :) WIll post more photos when its done if its obvious to the camera :) 

Just now, nikndel said:

Let me know what one you get please might go down this road also

In all honesty unless someone on this forum tells me somewhere cheaper or closer to get it i've already found a seller on Amazon for 80 pounds which is reasonable and you fit it yourself which isn't to difficult!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toyota-GT86-Shark-Fin-Antenna/dp/B075DZSJ2G/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1506794898&sr=8-19&keywords=gt86 

34 minutes ago, Varelco said:

Congrats :) The stock wheels don't look half bad all one colour. 

Yea I'm happy these are just the gun metal grey and not the added silver bits. Looks really nice and perfect condition :)

Welcome @Ch1L5t3R, car looks good. 

Bare in mind the paint protection will just be supaguard or something similar, so not really worth the £400 they try and con you for. @Cerastes is on about a completely different product, which won't be available from Toyota. 

My advice to you is tell them not to add the paint protection and instead use that £400 to have the car properly detailed. 

Considering Supagard's own literature says it has to be applied when the car is brand new and weeks/months after it won't be effective pretty much says it all, not worth the cost.

Also make sure the dealer fits a decent brand of tyre, if it's Nexen refuse to accept the keys because dealers love to put £50 ditchfinders on to save a few quid.

On 30/09/2017 at 11:12 PM, Steeps said:

Considering Supagard's own literature says it has to be applied when the car is brand new and weeks/months after it won't be effective pretty much says it all, not worth the cost.

Also make sure the dealer fits a decent brand of tyre, if it's Nexen refuse to accept the keys because dealers love to put £50 ditchfinders on to save a few quid.

23 hours ago, Mikey P said:

I agree would watch out for budget tyres being fitted (Toyota dealer fitted 2 nankangs to the back of mine).

Cheers guys, i will check what tyres they put on. I mean if they are budget ones i doubt they will give me better ones, they probably only stock a certain type of tyre. If they are cheap ones i'll run them for a while but just be careful as i know they wont be as good with grip, and then possibly look to upgrade to winter tyres considering it is getting colder now.

At least they are putting something on rather than selling me a car with tyres that would need replacing within months :) 

And thanks for all the updates on the Paint protection too. I do note if it is supaguard they do say to do it on fresh paint. I should add what toyota are doing for me first is completly buffing the car to remove any dirt/grime first, and also getting rid of a couple of small scratches so that when they apply the paint protection it is as immaculate as it can be :) 

I appreciate this is still a main dealership so of course they are going to talk highly of their services and i could get it elsewhere cheaper or better. But in all honesty i'm just happy its all getting done, and getting done professionally before i get it :) rather than the hassle of me buying it and then having to do immediate work to it :) 

I get it tomorrow so more pics to follow!

It's not just about less grip, depending on the ditchfinder they put on it could potentially have no grip and make every corner a 4 wheel drift (and in a town with many roundabouts that's quite a risk). As an example there's a corner on one of my favourite private race tracks that is rated for 60mph, even a HGV could. My old hatchback would happily roll around it at 70 no problem and the GT86 will happily hug the racing line over 80. With Nexens fitted (summer tyre) and in the dry every time I'd find the car losing both ends at 50. Every roundabout the TC would cut in because the back end was trying to swing out at 15mph. The Primacy tyre is an OEM tyre so the dealer will have no issues getting hold of it, some don't like it because it has less grip than other brands but it is a LOT better than budget tyres and more progressive with the way it allows you to push rather than making you fall off the road when it feels like it.

2 hours ago, Steeps said:

It's not just about less grip, depending on the ditchfinder they put on it could potentially have no grip and make every corner a 4 wheel drift (and in a town with many roundabouts that's quite a risk). As an example there's a corner on one of my favourite private race tracks that is rated for 60mph, even a HGV could. My old hatchback would happily roll around it at 70 no problem and the GT86 will happily hug the racing line over 80. With Nexens fitted (summer tyre) and in the dry every time I'd find the car losing both ends at 50. Every roundabout the TC would cut in because the back end was trying to swing out at 15mph. The Primacy tyre is an OEM tyre so the dealer will have no issues getting hold of it, some don't like it because it has less grip than other brands but it is a LOT better than budget tyres and more progressive with the way it allows you to push rather than making you fall off the road when it feels like it.

Fair comments thank you.

Well considering it is an official toyota dealership who use Genuine Toyota parts, i would hope they do use the OEM Tyre or better, but i will check when i see it tomorrow. If it is budget tyres i will ask them to put better ones on then.

Cheers for the quick updates @Steeps :)