lukester

Project Cars 2

Hijacking the Forza thread idea...

Anybody tried Project Cars 2? I have it, but ... it doesn't feel at all right (G25 wheel, Fanatac clubsport pedals). Like the people writing it have never actually driven in real life! Is it worth persevering with, tweaking to get something that feels remotely like the real world? FFB is so bad.

Cheers!

Yeah tried it at my mates other day on PC with Xbox1 controller, exactly the same problems as last game (an all shift games they did before)  when using a game controller which makes it very difficult to drive, looks pretty but if you cant control it what's the point!!!!!, we tinkered with the input settings (why you should have to is beyond me!) and got it slightly better but still not great.

Was hoping it was going to be better on wheel but sorry to hear its not :(   maybe they will patch it but im waiting on Gran Turismo Sport for next purchase :)

Ian

Project Cars 2 is pretty dogshit imo. Played it for 15 minutes and then refunded it. Will be sticking to Assetto Corsa, which despite living through 2 Project Cars games.... Is still miles better :lol:

Tried it at EGX. Pad control is terrible, almost uncontrollable. Wheel is much better - it was quite fun on a £35k motion rig with a VR headset. ;)

Also had a go at work yesterday on a thrustmaster wheel and pedals; not so good, braking didn't feel quite right (tonnes of understeer with any amount of braking), also weird snap oversteer when transitioning from off-track to on). AI are pretty braindead.

I'll probably pick it up at some point and give it a proper play anyway.