JakeGT86

Attention the GT86 gets

Quite a few reactions to mine. Thumbs up from random small boys. Compliments at petrol stations a few times. All the boys at my girlfriend's school think it's the coolest thing ever too. :P

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Haha, yes, she is.

2 hours ago, Nimz said:

Er? She's a teacher hopefully? :huh::lol:

I was thinking the same thing when I read that as well hahah! Yeah I think the GT86 definitely grabs the attention of Teenage lads, theyve used the cars in racing games like forza so all easily recognise it in the street 

Anytime I've had an interesting car it has only attracted positive comments from small boys or middle aged men; neither of which I particularly want to engage in conversation with and I used to be a small boy and I'm now a middle aged man!

I get lots of comments on the car. I've lost count of the times I've had guys come and ask me about it. The most common comments along the lines of 'you have a lovely car, it's unusual to see a woman drive a car like that!' 😄

On 25/09/2017 at 11:10 PM, Nicebiscuit said:

I was waiting outside school for my son and two kids approached, took pictures on their phone and said ‘your car is sick, mate’

That’ll do for me emoji23.png

I've had similar reactions from kids at my daughters school. Got asked to help ferry some kids to and from a gymnastics competition and they were all asking my daughter if they could come in my car because it's 'so cool'.

The GT86 gets a fair bit of attention, even had bikers pull up next to me at lights and give it the thumbs up - but the RA28 really gets noticed when that gets taken out.

On 9/25/2017 at 11:10 PM, Nicebiscuit said:

I was waiting outside school for my son and two kids approached, took pictures on their phone and said ‘your car is sick, mate’

That’ll do for me emoji23.png

My children tell me this is some kind of compliment. :)

It's been fun reading these comments.  My previous Honda CR-Z attracted a lot of attention, especially when I drove it to France.  The supercharger whistle used to turn heads.  They're pretty rare and the questions usually started with "some kind of Civic...?"

I've only had the BRZ for two days but I can tell I'm getting looks.  At work there are three of us with white sports cars, the other two are a new MX-5 and my partner's Audi TTS.  We're conspiring to park them next to each other and make jokes about "white cars only" :D

When myself and @Samsss did the NC500 we got free pizza and coffee from one of the locals because they're his favourite car :D

Had a couple of people in traffic wind down windows to ask what it is or how much power it has, always shocked to hear "only 200." 

Countless teenagers watch as I go past which makes the inner teenager in me proud. 

When myself and [mention=2190]Samsss[/mention] did the NC500 we got free pizza and coffee from one of the locals because they're his favourite car

Had a couple of people in traffic wind down windows to ask what it is or how much power it has, always shocked to hear "only 200." 

Countless teenagers watch as I go past which makes the inner teenager in me proud. 
Also while on that trip going through one of the most north villages in Scotland two kids both stoped and stared as we went past. Also recently have had many a head turned mainly by teenagers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I was in the drive through at KFC before Christmas, got to the window and the young lad at the till said how he loved the GT86 and ended up giving me 20% discount off my meal 😁

One of my neighbours (in his 70s) said he thought I'd got some inheritance and bought a Maserati.... until he got close up and saw the Toyota badges. Then mentioned Specsavers 😂

So far only negative attention, Ford ST’s trying to race me, golf R’s trying to race me, and some kids in a Mercedes pretending to reverse into my car whilst laughing...but I live in a horrible area and have an aero model so.... 

1 hour ago, infernouk said:

So far only negative attention, Ford ST’s trying to race me, golf R’s trying to race me, and some kids in a Mercedes pretending to reverse into my car whilst laughing...but I live in a horrible area and have an aero model so.... 

London, says it all.

On 27 September 2017 at 7:15 PM, Gary p said:

I get a few looks as well and then I let them here the dumpvalve with the slightly loud scooby rumble from behind 😂😂 . Or they might be thinking look at that immature prick 😂😂 I've been called worse haha!!!

Couple of years ago at Cobham Services a BMW drove past a group of us and called us wan**ers such hatred😂

Never really had negative attention. Had a few say 'I'd thrash it in a straight line in my bmw' then their friends say 'but it's better looking than your BMW' 

Otherwise most the time in Brackley the kids from the local school egg me on at the traffic lights to rev lol then give me thumbs up and scream they love my car hahaha. 

But at events too it's always suggestions or things people like about the car,  like about my intentions and suggestions on where to go for the next mods, when I say 'can't do that yet no money' I get 'dude you have carbon stuff, you can afford it'.... 

Get a reasonable amount in mine, all been positive so far. Had a work do recently, none of them are into cars, I parked my 86 at my bosses house.. his Mrs thought it was so 'swish' she parked her car behind it to make it harder to nick lol.

Not getting as much in my old rx7, I used to stop at junctions and people would start taking photos lol.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk