JakeGT86

Attention the GT86 gets

I’ve only had the car a few days but im already getting quite a lot of attention from it. 3 people have stopped by to compliment the car and how it looks while one guy stopped and had a 5 minute chat about it.  

I think because the car is so iconic within the car community it will always draw that sort of attention, which I think is good. I never really had anyone stop and talk to me before with my previous car and it was almost daunting to talk to anyone else in the car community as it seemed like it was a pretty closed circle with not too many people being social. However owning this car I’m startimg to think opposite! Does anyone else get this sort of attention when they’re at work or out and about?

You will get this which is not a bad thing. My car is pretty distinctive being white with red TE37's, so it gets quite a lot of attention. Wait till you modify it! I was used to it with my old AE86 which got a lot more attention than the GT. So you do get used to it. :) 

10 minutes ago, Ch1L5t3R said:

What negative attention? 

People calling me a prick or a wanker as I drive by. They wouldn't be wrong to be fair :D

5 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

They just jealous because they bought a Clio instead because it came with a free air freshener. 

I think they're jealous of my big black di.......Wing :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Lowe said:

Had someone ask me to wind the window down in traffic the other week for him to compliment me on the car. I was quite surprised. :)

I was pulling up to my nan and grandads house when one of their neighbours stopped his car to compliment it 😂 I was surprised too 

2 hours ago, Lauren said:

You will get this which is not a bad thing. My car is pretty distinctive being white with red TE37's, so it gets quite a lot of attention. Wait till you modify it! I was used to it with my old AE86 which got a lot more attention than the GT. So you do get used to it. :) 

Yeah I can’t wait to start modifying mine, hopefully I get a positive reaction but who knows! I can imagine you do attract quite a bit of attention with those TE37s 😂😂

46 minutes ago, TTR said:

People calling me a prick or a wanker as I drive by. They wouldn't be wrong to be fair :D

I think they're jealous of my big black di.......Wing :rolleyes:

Wow xD yeah'd i guess thats because most people probably see the car (even more so if it is modded) and instantly label you as a boy racer who sits in car parks rev'ing his engine and doing donuts! 

Whether this is you or not is a separate matter :P But i think we can probably put it down to jealousy haha 

Not long after I got it the gentleman at the McDonalds drive-thru asked me how I got a Ferrari at such a young age. I obviously said hard work and left with the biggest grin ever!

I've had a lot of other people come up to me just to talk about my car and even people come up to me in nights clubs and say "hey, your the one with the GT86 right?" (I do live in a small town)

But it's had some very bad attention previously as someone decided to Nitro-morse (Industrial paintstripper) my car when it was parked up resulting in a near on full respray. It still hurts to think about this :( 

1 hour ago, Minion said:

Not long after I got it the gentleman at the McDonalds drive-thru asked me how I got a Ferrari at such a young age. I obviously said hard work and left with the biggest grin ever!

I've had a lot of other people come up to me just to talk about my car and even people come up to me in nights clubs and say "hey, your the one with the GT86 right?" (I do live in a small town)

But it's had some very bad attention previously as someone decided to Nitro-morse (Industrial paintstripper) my car when it was parked up resulting in a near on full respray. It still hurts to think about this :( 

Did you find out who done this? Surely it’s criminal damage and they should pay?

5 minutes ago, JakeGT86 said:

Did you find out who done this? Surely it’s criminal damage and they should pay?

It was criminal damage and I informed the police and tried to find out myself but to no avail. Unfortunately I just had to lump it and pay the expensive bill which felt horrible but hopefully it never happens again.

I'm fairly certain it was some jealous Yob that hasn't worked a day in his life but thinks he should have nice things, There are horrible people out there :( 

1 hour ago, jimmyjimmyjimmy_ said:

I've had people ask stuff like "is that the new Celica?" Or "Is that the new Subaru." A few days ago I had someone even ask if it was a Mustang emoji23.png

Yea I had a couple say "is that a Celica or Supra?"

"No, it's a GT86"

"a what?"

"GT86!... oh never mind". 

I get a few looks as well and then I let them here the dumpvalve with the slightly loud scooby rumble from behind 😂😂 . Or they might be thinking look at that immature prick 😂😂 I've been called worse haha!!!