Sign in to follow this  
Gary p

Forced induction owners

Iam currently running 280bhp on my gt86 and wondering is any of you running 300bhp + on stock and how your cars are with that amount of power would love to hear from you guys👍

I've been running 300 for a while now, probably around 2 years. It's not broken yet, someone had also ran a HKS at 320ish and was fine (I say way because I don't know of it's status since it was sold on) The person who owns it is on here somewhere can't remember his username though.

It's a bit of a gamble as to if your rods are made of butter or cheese :)

39 minutes ago, rob275 said:

I've been running 300 for a while now, probably around 2 years. It's not broken yet, someone had also ran a HKS at 320ish and was fine (I say way because I don't know of it's status since it was sold on) The person who owns it is on here somewhere can't remember his username though.

It's a bit of a gamble as to if your rods are made of butter or cheese :)

What is yours showing at the hubs, Rob?

10 minutes ago, Bfranklyn86 said:

What is yours showing at the hubs, Rob?

260 last time it was dyno'd properly which is what i'm basing that 300 off. I don't know right now as I lost 40hp when I fitted my exhaust due to issues on the dyno we couldn't get it mapped.

Thanks every one

This is good to know as I spoke to Adrian at Fensport and he's been doing more work on the mapping side and said he can tweak  more top end out on my car which increases bhp. Gonna get it booked in I think for October 😬😬.@Mike@TD.co.uk Thanks for your input too u how does it feel running that sort of power can only imagine it's a bit of an animal 😛

Rob cosworth sc makes around 260 at hubs on abbey dyno so thats about the max safe level.

Torque (force) and motion (rpm) is what makes power.

Hp = (rpm*tq)/5252

You cant have torque without power but yes if you restrict low end torque the increasing rotational interia as revs rise reduces the stress on the rods a bit but its not a massive factor.

Rods are a lottery becuase the casting flashing is not well defined or controlled and the material is sensitive to that in terms of the strength of the structure (notch sensitivity). This explains why some cars seem to be able to handle 320hp forever and not break.

I know at least a couple people that blew a rod with an opened up restrictor on the hks very quickly at about 320hp. Its a lottery.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 9/9/2017 at 11:14 AM, Gary p said:

Thanks every one

This is good to know as I spoke to Adrian at Fensport and he's been doing more work on the mapping side and said he can tweak  more top end out on my car which increases bhp. Gonna get it booked in I think for October 😬😬.@Mike@TD.co.uk Thanks for your input too u how does it feel running that sort of power can only imagine it's a bit of an animal 😛

Bringing the boost in, in a more linear fashion to get the torque band that we want, makes it very driveable. Top end power is excellent and really just feels like a very fast aspirated setup. Easiest way to explain it that is doesn't 'feel' as quick as it actually is really.

Mike