Sign in to follow this  
Jared

Uel back to standard header

Just curious to know really as I can't find anything online, basically I have a borla uel on my brz and car has been tuned at tuning developments my question could I put my stock header back on if wanted.

45 minutes ago, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

Retune would be advised if you want to go back to the OE manifold Jared.

Cheers

Mike

@Mike@TD.co.uk Why advised for a retune will it be ok to drive with OE manifold 

Because I think the car might be going back to subaru next week/week after 

1 hour ago, Jared said:

@Mike@TD.co.uk Why advised for a retune will it be ok to drive with OE manifold 

Because I think the car might be going back to subaru next week/week after 

when you say going back to Subaru, are you selling it to them? or they just going to look at an issue?

13 minutes ago, Tareim said:

when you say going back to Subaru, are you selling it to them? or they just going to look at an issue?

They have offered me the new 2017 model for a good deal so I need to put the car back to standard to give back to them to sell on. They have a customer looking for a brz (not the 2017 model) so they called me up and offered me a deal. 

Just now, Steeps said:

I'd either sell it with the manifold or get it reflashed back to stock, any stock map would do but I don't know if you'd have to take it back to TD to get it done.

I have to take it back fully standard and don't have time to get it retuned, was honestly hoping it would be fine without one. If it's gonna be an issue I won't go ahead with the exchange and I'll just keep my current brz. 

4 minutes ago, Jared said:

I have to take it back fully standard and don't have time to get it retuned, was honestly hoping it would be fine without one. If it's gonna be an issue I won't go ahead with the exchange and I'll just keep my current brz. 

If you read Mike's post he said it would be 'advised'. So you don't have to return it to a stock map. 

1 minute ago, Lauren said:

If you read Mike's post he said it would be 'advised'. So you don't have to return it to a stock map. 

Cool thank you. Cuz the last thing I'd want is for the next owner to have issues. 

7 minutes ago, Jared said:

Cool thank you. Cuz the last thing I'd want is for the next owner to have issues. 

leave a note in the owners manual or somewhere slightly hidden from the dealer to let them know it has an ecutek license and/or mapped for uel so they wont have to pay that fee in future and also gives them the option of to get it retuned back to stock or get a uel without any issues

5 minutes ago, Jared said:

Well, in all honesty, it's not clever not getting it returned to stock on the mapping side, so if you're doing it properly you would return it to a stock tune. 

47 minutes ago, zhuonanli said:

To be honest, I think it should be fine, ive done the same with my Type R and had no problems at all. 

you had a uel on your type r?

Just now, zhuonanli said:

emmm not exactly.. i mean..a performance manifold 

that would be different then, uel works differently to a standard el manifold so tuning wouldn't be great on standard