Sign in to follow this  
Nemesis

Hi everyone

I met a number of you yesterday at JAE & couldn't have been more welcome when I had quite a few questions about the GT86. 

I talked to Minion for quite a while & said I would be joining the club when I got home as had only come down for the day so here I am, I'm the old fat bloke you talked to around midday as a load of the club members went off for a walk in the blow up dinosaur costumes :lol: . As soon as I get the car I'm after I will be getting premium membership as didn't realise there was an option for sticker colour until now.

As soon as I get the time I will be booking a test drive then the hunt for the perfect car starts as I would really like the aero in grey but would settle for black if I found one at a good price.

I've had a gen6 Celica for 12 years & the GT86 is the next logical step as even after walking around JAE & looking at all the other Jap cars the only other one that I was drawn to is the GTR but its just not as nice imho. I was really impressed how members were more than happy to spend so much time chatting to me as I'm older than a lot of their dads but it shows what a friendly club you are & I'm looking forward to meeting up at shows next year

Hi again! 

I enjoyed talking just as much as you did, I hoped you enjoyed the rest of your show?

Youll find out the more your on the forum the more helpful other members are wether is something to do with modifying it, fixing it, opinions or even something completely unrelated to cars.

Theres a fair few members down your neck of the woods if I remember correctly which I'm sure could help put you in the right direction of a good dealer that they'd reccomend 😊

Thanks everyone, I now have a test drive booked on Friday afternoon and the two cars Im interested in are

https://www.inchcapetoyota.co.uk/vehicles/gt86/gt86-20-d4s-nav--leather/gt86-20-d4s-nav--leather-hj62gau-3065047/

https://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/ref/ARNED-U-21408/?aid=424453&utm_source=motorsv3-clickout-car&utm_medium=Motors_network&utm_campaign=Motors_network

If they are still available next week I might have to decide which one I want

What are your thoughts on them & the prices?

62 plate is pricey not much warranty left the other one is about the same for its year but that's dealers for you mine was a year old when I got it lost over 50 % on it but not the sort of car you buy to get some sort of money back on it been 4 years of good times especially if you like the club / event thing

Welcome aboard, JAE is a cracking show and an epic time was had. Good luck with the search for a car, any questions, please feel free to ask. We're a friendly bunch and always glad to help. :)

Welcome, hope to meet you at other shows. 

Any reason it has to be the aero? I think that model has stopped now so you may pay a higher price for that model. 

Edit: I bought mine from Arnold Clark, FYI I paid less than the £19k they are asking and mine had less miles. It also had a few of the expensive extras like the leather seats, aftermarket lights, sharkfin and TRD spoiler; hopefully that puts that one into perspective. Although prices may have gone up for the aero as I said. 

Another Edit: Just looked at the first link, that one isn't the aero, just has the aero wing. 

Personal preference but I think the aero rear spoiler looks a bit ridiculous without the rest of the kit on that first link. Second one looks like a better deal all round.

Small world. Just had to sign up as I hadn't registered lol. 

Hope you find the one you want. No surprise you are looking for black gt86.

As Ben mentioned I bought a gt86 (17k at a Toyota dealership for 15plate with leather interior and heated seats) a little while ago which I am enjoying after saving for 18m. Still have the gen7 though ;-)

I don't think that particular Arnold clark dealer cares about cleanness. Has drink stains on it and horrible little bits in the corners. Yes it can be cleaned yourself. When I got mine from a different Arnold Clark dealer it was spotless. Shame I don't have the original pics handy. 

Also, someone correct me if I am wrong. But neither of those has the heated seats; it might not be an option you want anyway but maybe the cloth seats don't have the heated seats? Although I'm sure they had the option. 

Whilst I was searching heated seats seemed to be only in the leather or alcantara seats. As I wanted leather seats in the end it was quicker to check photos for the heated seats button than rely on the adverts for correctly stating leather seats as so many adverts would say leather when they weren't. Quite a few adverts didn't show the seats clearly either as they would shoot the interior from passenger side towards the dash. Hence looking for the heated seat button instead lol

10 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Also, someone correct me if I am wrong. But neither of those has the heated seats; it might not be an option you want anyway but maybe the cloth seats don't have the heated seats? Although I'm sure they had the option. 

Cloth seats means no heaters, it wasn't an option. The option was leather/alcantara or leather which both come with heated seats. Option price was the same. 

I would definitely look for a car with the heated seats. The leather/alcantara is the better option I would say as it's more grippy than the full leather and you don't have the hot/cold seat issue with alcantara. Also having heated seats is very nice, I use mine nearly all year round! 

14 hours ago, Nelix said:

I paid a little more than that for my 2014 Aero, but it had less than 3000 miles on it. Sat nav and heated seats.    Are you in Scotland Nemesis?fullsizeoutput_1513.thumb.jpeg.32e6d22540563688f8949b0e9f161a09.jpeg

I live near Leeds but they would deliver near to me, I dont know which way to go at the moment but I'm going to keep looking and post up any that i'm interested in to see what your views are.

I was looking around last night and came across a few pictures or some with wide arches which i liked the look of but I have no idea what I would like the finished car to look like.

There are a lot more options for modifying than I first thought and I was interested in the aero after talking to minion at the show because of the holes left after taking off the standard spoiler if I went for one of them

I have seen a few I was interested in but the steering wheel is half red & Its not my taste so I discount them for a start

From your comments it would be better to go for seats which are  leather/alcantara or leather rather than cloth but if any of you see a good example at a good price & is a pro or aero please paste the link

I should have said before hi Ben & Njay :)

33 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

I have seen a few I was interested in but the steering wheel is half red & Its not my taste so I discount them for a start

From your comments it would be better to go for seats which are  leather/alcantara or leather rather than cloth but if any of you see a good example at a good price & is a pro or aero please paste the link

I should have said before hi Ben & Njay :)

That's a personal preference.. I didn't want plain cloth, but I didn't want leather either as it's super cold in winter (for the first minute anyway :D ) and hot in summer.. I also found leather seats a bit slippy, leather & alcantara holds you in very well, again, down to your personal preference. And if you're thinking about modifying it, maybe don't go for aero? Depends what sort of mods you're thinking of doing, but it's a waste of money paying for aero just to change it later. 

That's just my opinion anyway.

22 hours ago, Cerastes said:

What is your budget if you don't mind me asking?

I could afford a brand new one but dont want to take the full loss as I drive it home so around 22k

Could someone post a pic of the  alcantara seats as not sure exactly what you mean as I've not seen any yet. The heated seat option would be nice but not a deal breaker.

I would like an aero kit after I saw some at JAE but what other aftermarket body kits look good in members opinions as if I went with aftermarket there would be more standard cars to choose from than trying to find an aero