cts

£5 off a fill up at Shell

Makes filling up that little bit less painful.  Spotted this deal on the HotUKDeals site here, so credit to the OP there.

Get £5 off your tank of fuel with Shell Fill Up & Go when you pay for fuel with the Shell App. How to get this offer: 

1) Tap 'Save Offer' and log in to your PayPal account when prompted. Link to save offer to your PayPal account: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/offers?view=details&offerId=UDAXQWFW43Z64

2) Make sure you have downloaded the Shell App, registered for Fill Up & Go and linked your PayPal account to Fill Up & Go before visiting a Shell Service Station 

3) Spend £5 or more on fuel at at Shell with Fill Up & Go, and pay with PayPal. Your credit will be automatically redeemed. 

This offer is valid until 4,000 credits have been saved into customers’ PayPal accounts, whereby the offer will expire.

Sounds good, but I have found it (for years now) impossible to link the fill and go to my drivers club account, so I would still have to go in the shop anyway to get my points. 

I've emailed them to see if they can sort it out. 

@Lauren, I've had a similar issue and just rung them up through their Customer Service (phone number on the back of the card, use saynoto870.com to save on expensive phonecalls)  got everything sorted within an instant and they even transferred my points from two cards onto one with no problem! 

Good shout on the offer, I shall dig up that useless app and save some money!

Sometimes filling up for fuel is the only human attention I get when on a late. Will try it once for the fiver of free fuel but I'd rather insert my card into a pump than rely on an app linking accounts and paypal and my cards.

Glad it's of use to some.  Looks to me like the Shell website is still struggling, but the offer is still available to save via the PayPal site (link in first post).

I used the Fill & Go before and used the same 5 quid off and it works. Shell just linked the the Drivers' Club and the Fill&Go accounts together so it supposed to be easier. I added this to my PayPal so will try it out next time I go to fill up. Also the driver's club gives me about a tenner every 6 months in vouchers. 

Yup, the 4,000 allocations for this offer have now been used up, but for anyone that saved it you have until the end of October to redeem.

I got an email on this from Shell recently, they seem to be getting very keen to push people into not interacting with any employees at filling stations, no doubt because they then need less of them, so like the awful self service scanners in the supermarkets I won't be using as it destroys jobs ultimately.  And because I haven't got a smart phone so can't use any apps of course :P

Tried to use this today and got a Paypal Wallet Issue so had to pay in the shop as per normal. Has anyone else had this? I can't find any recent results on this, all date back to 2015 for the similar issue. This is the 1st time I've tried to use the app to pay as well.

I haven't used it yet, had an issue with my Shell account, received a phone call from Turkey today that turned out to be their support calling back!  My Shell account is all linked to PayPal now, so hopefully good to use.  I'll probably use it in the next couple of weeks - will confirm the result.

I finally used the offer tonight, all went smoothly.  The 'authorising transaction' stage seemed to take almost a minute, my only criticism, but I'll have to try again to see if this is normal.  The PayPal transaction notification showed straight away (for £5 less that I'd fuelled up with as expected).