Paul

Dashcam cable hiding

Hi All,

Does anyone have any photos showing how they hid their dashcam cables/removed the A Pillar cover etc?

Want to do a tidy job of it but don't want to start pulling stuff apart before I know how to put it back together!

Planning to run it into the cig lighter in the gearbox.

PAul

I ran mine along the roof lining above the window then tucked it behind the A Pillar, with the door open the trim panel to the side of the glove box pops off easy enough with a screwdriver (put a microfibre over it so you don't scratch the panel) Slide it in to the glove box and plug it in :)

The only bit I had to remove is the panel next to the glovebox. Tucking under the roof lining and A pillar is easily done without removal.

Front is very easy no need to remove anything, just slide the wire under the plastic surrounds round screen by pushing them under (I used a pen). Works on most cars then can run to edge with glove box and remove the side bit you see when door open and run wire through to plug.

37 minutes ago, rob275 said:

I ran mine along the roof lining above the window then tucked it behind the A Pillar, with the door open the trim panel to the side of the glove box pops off easy enough with a screwdriver (put a microfibre over it so you don't scratch the panel) Slide it in to the glove box and plug it in :)

The only bit I had to remove is the panel next to the glovebox. Tucking under the roof lining and A pillar is easily done without removal.

+1 to this.  It's a while since I did it but I don't think I even needed a screwdriver to get the side panel of the glove box off, it was an absolute doddle to install.  I did use a screwdriver with a cloth over it to push the wire under the headlining and behind the A pillar trim, just because it was easier than using my fingers.

Cheers for the helps guys. Side panel popped off easy enough and got the new cam installed in about 15 mins. Wasn't anything expensive but I feel better having it there than not!

I didn't even remove my panels, just tucked the cable in. Didn't remove anything, fed the cable in through a gap in the glove box when it's open and checked if the gap is still there at the back when it's closed and it is so the cable doesn't get squashed.

Unfortunately I can't take a pic as I have removed the cable as it needs to be repaired. Dashcam came unstuck from the glass and snapped the cable connector. 

As promised. I literally do what everyone else has done. I didn't use a tool for this either, literally just my fingers and my spare time.
IMG_20170808_161149.jpg?width=813&height
Up behind the mirror tucked under the trim
IMG_20170808_161159.jpg?width=813&height
Along the top and down the A pillar.
IMG_20170808_162445.jpg
Down the side into the glove box.
IMG_20170808_161208.jpg?width=813&height~
Glorious mess of wires I haven't got round to sorting.

I have 2 cables as I have a rear dash cam as well. That goes under the roof lining all the way to the back.

It's extremely easy.

Mine is quite similar except I fed the cable in through the back of the glove box, then you don't have the wires coming in through the side/front and therefore not visible. 

Again, you won't need to remove the glove box/panels, cables fit through the massive gaps in it lol

I have refitted my dashcam and put the cables back to where I thought they were before. Although they do still show a bit. Also on some of the pics it's hard to see the cable as I took the pics in bright sunlight; the last 2 pics in particular. If anyone needs any other pics let me know.  

35707467314_b234f16c52_b.jpgdashcam cable2 

36374070422_a8fa9ffb0d_h.jpgdashcam cable

36374070772_4a013fe485_b.jpgdashcam cable3 

36374070582_ff0f206ac8_b.jpgdashcam cable4 

See the side panel with the lock on it that just pops off - run the cables directly in to it from by the A pillar, no need for anything to be on show. :)

I was looking this weekend at the neatest way to install the wiring.  This might be the video referenced earlier in the thread, seemed a decent job to me - 

bit of a revival on dashcam wiring - has anyone done a 'hardwire' to the fusebox? looking to implement one for when the cars parked up.

Will need to use a mini-usb splitter to then power the front and rear dashcams with a cutout if the battery level drops too much...

15 minutes ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

All three Dashcams are Installed in my car with very little effort B)

Wires all hidden and plugged up in the Glovebox via a 4 way 12 Volt Socket Unit :P

wiring is nicely tucked away on mine what I want to do next is look at using a hardwire kit to the fusebox so that they can be powered when parked up. At the moment they are in an adapter in the glovebox lighter socket.

Some kits have an 'add a fuse', others have a bare wire you wrap to a fuse leg...

Next question would be what fuses to use for ACC and Permanent live...

Hi I have just bought AUTO-VOX M6 dash cam kit from amazon.co.uk which consists of front camera and rear camera.. I wish to fit hardwired  it through cigar lighter so that they are both live at all times. Can anyone advise best route to fuse box for front camera and also fit of the rear camera.does the rear camera need to fitted outside car and hole drilled through for connection to rear light cluster? Where is best placement for rear camera for full view?

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

I've got Viofo WR1'as they are smallish and discrete.
Currently connected to a lighter dual port charger in standard glove box socket but have just bought a Blackvue Power Magic Pro which I'll splice into the radio iso loom when I change the head unit. This will allow them to be active when parked up.

Hi Can you advise where in the fusebox should connect to for fitting dashcam. I have been advised connection to ACC point but not sure what that is .Can anyone help what is ACC. also does this mean always on . Ihave Autovox M6 and also bouught the extra hardwire fusebox kit for attaching to fusebox so always on and will switch off automaticaly if battery voltage less that 11.4v .Any comments suggestions welcome

I have Giallo number 86