Gary p

Rust under weather strip in bonnet

7 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Just had to call Steven Eagell as I hadn't heard anything. They are waiting on a new part to come in and it will be changed. 

You've has a result then what area are you in?

6 hours ago, Cerastes said:

@nikndel Ops I thought I replied to this. I went to Steven eagell in St Albans, getting new part delivered and fitted at Steven eagell Watford. 

Sorry you most probably did it's just I don't have a high opinion of Toyota dealerships when it comes to ownership of this car

On 02/12/2017 at 10:13 AM, Robert Williams said:

If any one is interested the metal strip, rubber, clips, are £33.56 from toyota, just replace them it a lot easier than stripping it down and repainting it.

Interesting read. Do you happen to know the part numbers? 

Are the new parts better finished to avoid corrosion in the future? 

Thanks. 

Ok, my GT86 is only 8 mth old, but the rubber strip under the bonnet already feeld a bit loose when the hood is opened.

No wonder its prone to rust.

Looks like acf50 is enough to prevent it, or do I need the strip to be replaced as well?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Will get a can of acf50 for now, but if the strip keep getting looser will ask Toyota to replace it anyway.
Thanks for the heads up what to look for, btw.

Sorry, reviving this

Does anyone have a part number or link to replacement seal?

I put some acf50 and current one just peels off leaving gap when i close the bonnet. Thinking I should either superglue it back to metal or replace altogether.

May need to call Toyota to ask. Its disappointing considering the car in not even 1y old... and my right pillar trim is coming off as well, more glue? .

It seems every car has their little flaws when it comes to rust/faults. I sell a product called hydrate 80 from bilt hamber for converting rust and protecting further, also dynax UC which is a clear spray wax for stopping corrosion and protecting, check out the website for more info. 

I have already sprayed it wirh acf50 (nice and oily), but the strip itself just gets looser (not sure if its visible on the photo, may be will take another tomorrow with open bonnet).

Will call Toyota, luckily there is a dealership less than 2 miles away.

Smth to do for the weekend...5bd82fc0f12209f211305396da3b9773.jpg

On 12/2/2017 at 10:13 AM, Robert Williams said:

If any one is interested the metal strip, rubber, clips, are £33.56 from toyota, just replace them it a lot easier than stripping it down and repainting it.

On 12/31/2017 at 3:38 PM, Cerec1 said:

Interesting read. Do you happen to know the part numbers? 

Are the new parts better finished to avoid corrosion in the future? 

Thanks. 

Hello..bit of a thread bump, but did we find out the part number? Checked mine the other day..rusted to buggery, but I'm out of warranty by a few months. For the sake of 30 quid, happy to replace it myself if it's easy to do. 

Hello..bit of a thread bump, but did we find out the part number? Checked mine the other day..rusted to buggery, but I'm out of warranty by a few months. For the sake of 30 quid, happy to replace it myself if it's easy to do. 
Dont know the part number, but took it to Toyota and was told it needs to be shipped from Japan and I will get my replaced end on May.

Annoying, but I am happy to wait. In the meantime I put some acf50.

When I get a receipt will share the part number if its on it.

1 hour ago, VAD17 said:

Dont know the part number, but took it to Toyota and was told it needs to be shipped from Japan and I will get my replaced end on May.

Annoying, but I am happy to wait. In the meantime I put some acf50.

When I get a receipt will share the part number if its on it.

Cheers, if you could that would be appreciated. In the meantime, I'll try and do some digging online and see if I can find it, if @Robert Williams doesn't respond :)

2 minutes ago, maurice said:

You could go crazy and ring the parts department of any dealer.

I had mine replaced last month, wasn't supplied with any part number.

A good point. It's just the last time I had to deal with a parts department, they were less than helpful if you didn't know the exact name of what you were looking for. So I tend to look up part numbers in advance. 

Noticed mine was pretty rusty too, took it off today with the thought I was going to clean it off and refit, but in places there wouldn't be much left once the rust was removed! Called dealer and the metal strip is £15.60 including VAT so just ordered a new one, should be in on Wednesday.

IMG_20180526_105731.jpg

IMG_20180526_105740.jpg