tommackey72

Toyota gt86 digital speedometer

Nicebiscuit: probably also no electric lights for sunscreens, no seat heating, no foglights?

True re seat heating but did all the standard spec cars with fabric seats have that? I've got fog lights. No idea about the visors probably never checked! :-D

Basically there's nothing I'd miss...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think i know whats happened i brought my car back from South  Africa last year low spec all being in KPH , For the SVA test it obviously needed to be in MPH .  I bought a UK cluster which wouldnt work because of immobilizer  so just changed the face plate from the clocks so i had a MPH reading ( analog ) it got me through the test and on the road . I am looking at attempting to modify the circuit board to swop the 10 pin plug which is missing on the low spec for the digital speedo to push into . Will let you know how i get along if it works i will have to replace switches to change between KPH and MPH 

I have just imported my GTS86 from Australia (and just got it yesterday, finally, after it had been ‘randomly’ checked by Interpol before DVLA would issue a registration). It’s a 2015 model (with the sharks fin aerial), registered there in Aug 2014. I waited specifically for the new model to come through so got one of the earliest ones to hit Australia. 

In order to pass the IVA test it needed a new fascia showing both mph and kmh on the analogue dial. 

Unfortunately it still shows kmh on the central digital display, and the button (that toggles mph and kmh on the U.K. version) is just an inoperable (and immovable) button. 

Do any members know if the circuitry that should sit behind this button on the U.K. model still exists, and therefore all that is required is an operable button to toggle the central digital display readout?

My odometer also still shows as km and I’d like to change that as well, however that isn’t as important to me. 

Many thanks in advance,

Septic