Gary p

Tein flex A coilovers

Just had the tein coilovers fitted and what a difference it's made to the car 👌👌 would reccomend these to anyone that's wishing to change there set up. Only problem I have is having 9.5 j rims and catch inner arch on full lock due to camber but can be sorted with 2mm spaces or adjusted camber. 

Heres a picture of how it sits

IMG_3052.JPG

24 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

I'm getting those, one day. I just can't commit to spending that much all in one go. Unless I can find a bargain. 

Well worth it  buddy feels a lot more positive braking has improved too👍👍

1 hour ago, KevinA said:

9.5's here on Teins no probs at all.

Not sure what the ET is on my alloys  may sit in a little closer than yours. It only rubs when the steering is locked out to its maximum point. The camber may need taking out a little to compensate so the tyre doesn't scrub 😁

Gary - do you have adjustable camber? Or are you on stock?

I don't think spacers will cure your issue, especially when cornering hard. Look to set 2.0 - 2.5degrees negative on fronts, half a degree less on rears.

Only my view.

Spec K

30 minutes ago, Special K said:

Gary - do you have adjustable camber? Or are you on stock?

I don't think spacers will cure your issue, especially when cornering hard. Look to set 2.0 - 2.5degrees negative on fronts, half a degree less on rears.

Only my view.

Spec K

Yeah that's about what I have up front will have a look at the print off of the camber settings when it went for the 4 wheel alignment it maybe the case of too much camber. Will check shortly👍👍

23 hours ago, KevinA said:

My spec is 18x9.5 et35 running 245/40/18 Tein Monosport with 25mm drop from OEM. Front camber -2.5° and rear -2.0 

Have a feeling the ET maybe 38 on the rota grids Iam due for a tyre change so didn't know whether  to go for 245/35/18  to see if that made any difference before altering camber? Not sure if it will or not!!

On 29/07/2017 at 8:44 AM, Foulsmell said:

I'm thinking of getting these but I don't want it slammed to the floor. Does anyone know what the highest ride height would be?

Mine are set at 15-20mm lower than standard if that helps.

are you still on the stock drop links? if so are you sure its the tyres/wheels rubbing on full lock? when I had teins fitted with stock drop links and a fair amount of camber the standard drop links would catch the inner arch/engine bay on full lock

11 hours ago, Ztox said:

Bit late to the party @Gary p but I'm on 9.5 wide ET38 with 235/40 tyres and -2.5deg front camber and -2deg rear, no issues at all.

I may try 245/35 as it's the tyre that catches inner arch. Does the 235/40 look stretched on that width of alloy? Have you a pic to see how it looks if you don't mind😁

11 hours ago, Tareim said:

are you still on the stock drop links? if so are you sure its the tyres/wheels rubbing on full lock? when I had teins fitted with stock drop links and a fair amount of camber the standard drop links would catch the inner arch/engine bay on full lock

Still on stock mate it's definitely the tyre scrubbing I can see the mark where it catches.

11 hours ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

How low is it sitting on that picture? Have you got a measurement? @Gary p

Not sure buddy to be honest with you without measuring stock. I just lowered them to a point where I was happy. I would say there prob around 35mm maybe a little more 

24 minutes ago, Gary p said:

I may try 245/35 as it's the tyre that catches inner arch. Does the 235/40 look stretched on that width of alloy? Have you a pic to see how it looks if you don't mind😁

20170822_215910.jpg