Sign in to follow this  
cropzy

Scratch removal chipex, tcut etc...

Evening.

I have a few minor scratches on my car and 2 big ones (big ones are getting sorted by a professional bodyshop). Road rash as well but that is quite typical. I was thinking of trying chipex, does anybody have any experience with this? I don't currently have any photos but I can get some.

Anybody had any success with any other products? What would you recommend?

Yes I used chipex. Worked quite well. See pics in my build thread. 

Link  

Edit: I have noticed loads of little chips when I cleaned it the other day so I will give those a go one day, when the weather is a bit more predictable. I'll try and get some before and after pics. 

54 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Yes I used chipex. Worked quite well. See pics in my build thread. 

Link  

Edit: I have noticed loads of little chips when I cleaned it the other day so I will give those a go one day, when the weather is a bit more predictable. I'll try and get some before and after pics. 

Good to see actual results! I'll give it a shot.

I assume it was pretty easy?

Yep, simple enough. 3 steps I believe. I think there is a little video on youtube. Although read the full instructions carefully just in case there are bits you may have missed. Only bit I struggled on was when you lightly touch the paint with your finger to smooth it out, it didn't quite work with mine, it basically just come off on the glove and I would have to re-apply it, I kept doing that for ages lol. Maybe I didn't leave it long enough before touching with glove :unsure: as the chap below leaves it a few seconds before touching it as he is doing 3 at once.