cropzy

First proper drive

Picked up my 14' TRD today.

I am in love. This car is so fun and you can enjoy it all within legal speeds! I am so glad I bought this. Now I actually see the hype. It's just so responsive and everything feels right. The only downside is my contacts won't sync with bluetooth and the stock speakers are a bit meh.

For even more fun i highly advise visit some track in future. Level of spending like that of visiting pub, but imho much more fun to be had :). Even with everything stock these are surprisingly capable. (Just if everything IS really stock, limit to short sessions of ~ 10-15m, to not cook brakes).

Congratulations on your purchase!

The stock speakers are an embarrassment when you hold them in your hands. If it bugs you there's a trivial upgrade available.ย I've found the Toyota head unit to be a bit pants all round, but it plays tunes well enough and isn't really important outside of long distance cruising.

Thanks guys! I sorted my contacts and Bluetooth works awesome now. I mucked around with some settings and its great now and the speakers will do fine. I definitely would like to track it eventually. Just need to get used to the car first.

I don't think I will mod it being a TRD. Just leave it stock and enjoy it. It's more then powerful enough for me anyways!

"TRD" in this case is mostly some aero elements & different wheels (and maybe catback exhaust? If tips are D shaped or dual in each side, then very probably TRD catback of one of two versions)). Well, maybe also TRD intake and with very little probability TRD's coilovers/pillow ball mounts/TRD brakes (VERY expensive).

As for leaving it stock .. i'd still probably get at least camber bolts front and some cheap LCA like SPC/Whiteline/Eibach for rear, and 1) tune more camber front then in back, for a bit less understeer, 2) do alignment in general, as stock ranges imho are a bit too wide with handling being rather different at range extremes, that still would pass.

If going to track, i'd add to that minimum a bit more capable brake pads & brake fluid with higher boiling temp, and if there some adjustment range left, add more negative camber all around vs street. Of course, car is trackable 100% stock, but at lesser speeds, with more understeer (to my taste), uneven tire wear (mostly outside) and sooner to overheat brakes. :)

20 hours ago, Church said:

"TRD" in this case is mostly some aero elements & different wheels (and maybe catback exhaust? If tips are D shaped or dual in each side, then very probably TRD catback of one of two versions)). Well, maybe also TRD intake and with very little probability TRD's coilovers/pillow ball mounts/TRD brakes (VERY expensive).

As for leaving it stock .. i'd still probably get at least camber bolts front and some cheap LCA like SPC/Whiteline/Eibach for rear, and 1) tune more camber front then in back, for a bit less understeer, 2) do alignment in general, as stock ranges imho are a bit too wide with handling being rather different at range extremes, that still would pass.

If going to track, i'd add to that minimum a bit more capable brake pads & brake fluid with higher boiling temp, and if there some adjustment range left, add more negative camber all around vs street. Of course, car is trackable 100% stock, but at lesser speeds, with more understeer (to my taste), uneven tire wear (mostly outside) and sooner to overheat brakes. :)

Some very good points you made there. I will definitely look into it! I presume I can track it stock but I would need to do a few laps and then back for stuff to cool?