Sign in to follow this  
Collateral

Car detail - West London area?

Hi all,

I have been doing some research recently into getting my car detailed.

Now I don't want to spend in excess of £150 which limits my option somewhat. 

Here are some pictures of how flat my paintwork is... 

id2pcSV.jpg

smVZVcY.jpg

I also have a heap of stone chips on the front bumper but I know I won't get that done too with the above budget. 

Does anyone know of any local detailers that don't charge the earth and have been tried and tested? 

Ryan

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Heard he's a bit of a shyster... <_<

:o BANHAMMER! I'm in Coulsdon, Surrey, CR5 if it's of any help to you @Collateral feel free to PM me as I do detailing on the side. I'm fully booked up until 2nd week of august though. For some reason i've got busy all of a sudden.

3 hours ago, rob275 said:

:o BANHAMMER! I'm in Coulsdon, Surrey, CR5 if it's of any help to you @Collateral feel free to PM me as I do detailing on the side. I'm fully booked up until 2nd week of august though. For some reason i've got busy all of a sudden.

Thanks mate, I'll chuck you a PM. 

2 hours ago, Stutopia said:

I paid more than £150 in Blackpool for a single correction polish, good luck in West London. If you wanna save the cash, you'd be better picking up a second hand DA and learning.

I know I'm not holding much hope but you never know! I'd love to learn, I feel on my GT wouldn't be the best starting place. 

I wouldn't learn on my car, but a black bonnet from a scrappy can't be that hard to find!

Yep. Read up well before you do it. I did mine with zero experience and as long as you choose products that are not too abrasive then you can't go wrong.

1 hour ago, Foulsmell said:

Yep. Read up well before you do it. I did mine with zero experience and as long as you choose products that are not too abrasive then you can't go wrong.

I'm not saying you can't, obviously you can. You could learn with a rotary on your own car, but for the sake of £10 you could experiment with all manner of pads and liquids, you could even wet sand it. All the while building confidence and knowledge.