zhuonanli

Bumper Gap - Quick Release

As a lot of you may know, my car suffers from bumper gap under the headlight. It is so irritating,,,

So I found this on the USA forum.

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/move-over-racing-bumper-quick-release-kit-black-anodized-2075.html#.WVyv14TyuM8

What are your thoughts?

Group Buy of metal clips from Japan

1. rob275 .

2. Deacon .

3. Knightryder

4. zhuonanli .

5. Mike .

6. AJ124 .

7. Rich .

8. DanJ .

9. Ade .

10. Keethos

11. Cerastes

12. Hubertk

13. GT86-Ian

14. billdingo .

1 hour ago, knightryder said:

You can buy the OEM parts required for quite cheap, just get them replaced and bumper refitted..... unless you like the quick release look.

Not convinced seeing as it's my clips on the bumper that are seemingly the issue

4 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Not convinced seeing as it's my clips on the bumper that are seemingly the issue

From what I've read there are 2 hangers under the headlights that can cause droop even if the bumper is removed once, can't find the part number off hand though. The riveted part that the side indicators attach can also be replaced. The verdict seems to be that replace those 4 parts and it should hang correctly again. Although Subaru bumpers have a habit of doing this.....

@knightryder Possibly, my plastic clips on the bumper which clip on to the hanger seem to be slightly split, presumably due to stress from pulling it on and off making them not so tight. I could be wrong, i'd be keen to know the part numbers and give it a go as it'd certainly be cheaper than a new bumper!

22 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Reading that thread the following part seems to have a 100% success rate https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/49087

May go ahead and get new brackets and the above from Japan Parts if the Toyo parts are cheap enough.

@zhuonanli or anyone else for that matter let me know if you wanted to try the part also. Shipment will likely be the same price for 4-5 sets of them.

1 hour ago, rob275 said:

@zhuonanli or anyone else for that matter let me know if you wanted to try the part also. Shipment will likely be the same price for 4-5 sets of them.

yeah mate i will definitely give it a try, Got any ideas how many set we need? coz i think there are a few clips for the bumper? 

18 minutes ago, zhuonanli said:

yeah mate i will definitely give it a try, Got any ideas how many set we need? coz i think there are a few clips for the bumper? 

Just 1 set, it's one clip for each bumper. You glue it to the front most clip where it sags. If you want more though just let me know.

9 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Just 1 set, it's one clip for each bumper. You glue it to the front most clip where it sags. If you want more though just let me know.

yeah i will have one mate :) 

Proving rather popular! Will get a list going. Will let you know how much it will be. Can't see it being anymore than £15ish each.

1. rob275

2. Deacon

3. Knightryder

4. zhuonanli

5. Mike

6. AJ124

17 hours ago, Minion said:

How hard are these to put on? My bumper sags a tiny bit but never had it off

They literally glue/bolt on to the underside of the already there plastic slip to reinforce it.

1. rob275

2. Deacon

3. Knightryder

4. zhuonanli

5. Mike

6. AJ124

7. Rich

8. DanJ

9. Ade

10. Keethos